CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Try out the new skin please

If you are a Supporter or Subscriber, please use the lower left hand drop down menu to select the new 'Caddyinfo.com Wood' skin and let me know what you think.

We are still working to update the Profile pages, and the Blog pages, but so far so good.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Still have the profile page needing update, but please let me know if you see anything odd, or miscolored, or hard to see and I can adjust. I am trying for a look that reminds one of the way that wood trim is used in the Cadillacs.

Bruce

The wood is bit bright/distracting so I will continue to use default. Just my taste--Overall it's not bad. Since the wood skin is new I suppose it might simply be a matter of getting use to it.

The wood is bit bright/distracting so I will continue to use default. Just my taste--Overall it's not bad. Since the wood skin is new I suppose it might simply be a matter of getting use to it.

The wood tone itself is too bright?

Bruce

With the wood tone, the "Forum Options" pull down is not available.

Also, the new post type information is a little difficult to decode; contrast maybe(?).

I do like the links to the Homepage, Members, Help, etc. at the top of the page. A link to the Index page would be a nice addition.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

hmm, the "Forum Options" shows in firefox but not in IE7. I hate issues like that lol.

Tell me more about which text you mean by the "post information"

The caddyinfo.com graphic in the upper left is also a link to the main index page on the forum.

Bruce

Tell me more about which text you mean by the "post information"

The "new replies", "no new replies", "hot topic" kind of coding.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Please switch back to the "Caddyinfo Classic" which was is our default skin for now.

I have a new skin on the way and we'll work from it instead once it gets setup etc. Thanks for the help.

Bruce

I am working to customize a new skin listed as "Caddyinfo Smoothwood"; please give that a try and let me know what you think.

Bruce

I am working to customize a new skin listed as "Caddyinfo Smoothwood"; please give that a try and let me know what you think.

I can be guilty of resisting change only because of the learning curve. Selfish, I know. I'll try the smoothwood for a few days so I can contribute objective and possibly usefull comments. For now, I do like the 'toggle side panel' feature.

Classic remains my comfortable favorite.

IE7 user.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks for trying the new skin.

The 'classic' layout is basically the default layout for the forum software. I want to go to a custom skin that looks more

polished and together. First impressions on new users can be very important, and one key way to help the first

impression is to present the forum in a good skin.

So far the Smoothwood skin seems to work very well. I still need to do some additional

things, but so far so good.

Bruce

I've been using the new skin all day long.

I like the retro look ... reminds me of a ski lodge in the 1960's :)

Thanks for giving us the option ... I may just keep it.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

The wood tone itself is too bright?

Yes, it was too bright. The latest is better, not so overpowering.

Archived