CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Truth About Cars blog http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=4647 feels that the Car & Driver review of the Cadillac CTS was too glossy.

Aside from ad revenue, why would a car magazine want to position itself as a cheering section for General Motors? Well exactly. Car and Driver’s September review of the “new” Cadillac CTS is such a blatant example of boosterism it puts the "sub" in "subsidy." This will come as no surprise to regular readers who’ve watched the buff book slowly sink into a glossy ghetto of pistonhead prostitution.

I guess I am not surprised to see all the positive 'first drive' or preview reviews now for the newly arriving 08 CTS. Generally I have found most/all previews or first drives read very positively about the product. They sometimes are done mostly or purely from press/media material provided by the manufacturer, with very little time in the car.

The article does point out the obvious that it will be the follow-on hands-on tests that will be more telling than the current previews.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I long ago "gave up" on C&D...

Their evaluations of cars were just to predictable and IMO meaningless and just like rock/paper/scissors there was little surprise in who would win once you knew what was being tested

How to think like a C&D editor:

1) A newer designed car is ALWAYS better then a design that is a couple of years old.

2) BMW >> Honda/Acura > Porsche > Toyota/Lexus > Nissan = Audi = Mazda > MB > any thing from GM (except Saab) > Jag = Volvo = Ford > Saab > Korean crap or anything else that you've never heard of. and

3) If you liked a car last year, it doesn't matter what its repair history has been or if its been recalled 100 times... Its still a great car.

I used to love that mag... Then one time in the late 90's a mid sized car shoot out of 8 or 9 cars was featured on the cover... without opening it I handed the magazine to my wife and I said..."turn to the article and lets see how well I can do" ... Just by looking at the picture on the cover I went 9 for 9 a perfect "trifecta" or "ninfecta"... That's when I knew there was no point in reading the mag anymore...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived