CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'01 DeVille Cylinder #6 Misfire/No Fire

janralix

Hello,

This may be an old problem already addressed, but I have been unable to find it. Anyway...

My dad's '01 DTS had #6 cylinder misfire/no fire at 40K, 80K, and now at 120K miles. Is this a common problem (I think it is); what is the reason; and is there a permanent fix or is this just something that has to be lived with and fixed every so often at $500 a pop?

Thanks.

What has the dealer fixed in the past when this came up? Is it a problem with a plug wire routing?

I don't know what was done in the past, but do not believe it was a wire routing problem as whatever was done worked for another 40K miles. Some I have talked to say it's a plug problem, others that it's a coil problem. Either way, why does it recur only in cylinder #6 ?

Not a common problem at all. Definately not plug wires. There ain't any. 2000 went to COP (Coil On Plug) ignition. Are you using A/C Delco plugs? Could be a coil module but 3 times is unlikely.

Not a common problem at all. Definately not plug wires. There ain't any. 2000 went to COP (Coil On Plug) ignition. Are you using A/C Delco plugs? Could be a coil module but 3 times is unlikely.

A/C Delco plugs likely used the first time because it was fixed by the dealer under warranty (sorry I don't have definitive answer...my dad doesn't recall the specifics and can't lay his hands on the paperwork). The second time, not sure, but I'm guessing he took it back to the dealer so A/C Delco plugs likely used again. Assuming A/C Delco plugs used both times, is there something about the # 6 cylinder's location that excessive heat could be damaging the COP, or something in the fuel injection system could be the problem? It just seems logical that something is causing this recurrence in only the # 6 cylinder.

Thanks.

Swap the injector from another cylinder and see if the problem follows the injector.

Any codes other than P0300?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived