CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

14 Feb 07 - New Purchase

JasonA

Title says it all. Been looking casually for a while. Actually went out and drove some DeVilles yesterday. None really caught our fancy. On a whim, we called a dealership on an '01 STS. Filled up to the gills. White diamond, sunroof, wood wheel/shifter package, the whole nine yards. We agreed on a price over the phone last night and we drove up and drove it this morning. I was sold immediately. There's not a scratch on this thing. Brand new Michelin Energy MXV4 tires. 56k miles. Runs strong. It doesn't feel any faster than my '97 SLS, but as soon as I look down, I'm doing 100. Love the VF gauge cluster. Love the sunroof (our first car with a sunroof). It even has a few months left on the Cadillac certified warranty. Like on our '97, we're the 3rd owners of this. First was a lease in Ohio, then 2nd owner lived in Greensboro, and they traded it in on a new <something?> and that same dealer had it out there. Bill Black Chevrolet Cadillac, they were real professionals and the buying experience was really first rate. They do a lot of Cadillacs there, you could tell. There were at least 5-6 other slightly used DeVilles/Sevilles there too, including an '02 STS with the navigation.

All in all, we're 200% satisfied with it. I think my wife will be happier overall with the Seville vs. DeVille, and this way she gets her butt warmers (front AND rear).

I'll be sure to get some pictures up soon.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived