CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4.0 aurora High oil pressure

Hey everyone. My brother in law has a 95 Old Aurora with the 4.0 Northstar. Oil Pressure read 90+ PSI when cold, and often goes higher while driving. After fully warmed up only drops to about 30's. The car never acted up so bad before. PSI used to be at 7 or 8 at idle after warmed up, and 61 when cold. But now it never goes lower than 30's. Any and all info is greatly apprieciated. Thanks.

Florin

Other than the reading is it doing anything strange? Probably just a bad sending switch

As far as acting strange, it Idles higher like around 1200 even after warmed up. I dont drive it normal anymore. I only drive to about 2000-2500 RPM's so i dont hurt the car any more. I dont really know if it performs the same as before either. Is the sending switch in the oil pump?

Doubt the idle has anything to do with it, the switch on a 4.6 is next to the oil filter I would think it would be the same on the 4.0, and no the switch is on the outside pretty easy to get to. And if you buy a new switch get AC Delco not over the counter junk

• 3 months later...

Doubt the idle has anything to do with it, the switch on a 4.6 is next to the oil filter I would think it would be the same on the 4.0, and no the switch is on the outside pretty easy to get to. And if you buy a new switch get AC Delco not over the counter junk

You are correct. Switch is right next to the oil filter. Takes about 5 minutes to change out. These are a common failure on the Auroras. But usually it read the pressure as too low instead of too high like the issues the OP is having.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct. Switch is right next to the oil filter. Takes about 5 minutes to change out. These are a common failure on the Auroras. But usually it read the pressure as too low instead of too high like the issues the OP is having.

Thanks for the input guys !

Hey Chitown,are you in Chitown?. I am too..

95's RULE !

Archived