CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need schematic or diagram of Injection system 94 STS

The Fred

Could the green part you are describing be part of the injector? Is the green part a rubber o-ring that fits around the tip of the injector, and fits between the tip of the injector and the injector port in the head, or between the fuel line and the head of the injector, or where did it go? I think you are describing a rubber gasket that is found at the top of the injector where it mates to the fuel line. It is part of the injector.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the green part you are describing be part of the injector? Is the green part a rubber o-ring that fits around the tip of the injector, and fits between the tip of the injector and the injector port in the head, or between the fuel line and the head of the injector, or where did it go? I think you are describing a rubber gasket that is found at the top of the injector where it mates to the fuel line. It is part of the injector.

It's quite a bit larger than the little black O-rings and it goes between the injector and the motor

It's green

When in the heck is a fuel injector filter?

"Kit - Fuel Injector Filter" is on the autozone site

Also I am sure this is not a good idea but could I jumper a wire to each injector to see if it works or not?

Could I soak the injectors in some sort of solvent?

Thanks

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

See post #20 in this thread about cleaning them. I cleaned them and ended up replacing two.. Physically cleaning them is NOT recommended

There is only ONE way to clean them, see this GM Service Bulletin.. It is not for our year Caddys but it provides some useful information and explains the injector cleaning procedure you referred to in a prior post:

http://service.gm.com/forms/pdf/03-06-04-030A.pdf

Also see this:

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/us/us120034.htm

Does anyone know if a 94 with OBDI will set a P0300 mis-fire code like the OBDII vehicles do? My gut tells me no.. When my injectors were bad on a 2001 Grand Prix (OBDII) it mis-fired and set a P0300 code..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Fred, I am sorry to have to say this, but I have never in my long life, laughed this hard at someone elses misery. I sure am glad you have maintained your sense of humor. I'd hate to be your car. It must think it's on death row and that would be on a good day. Good luck and God bless the both of you.

Good read,

Thanks for the help folks- in the morning I am off to Wichita to try and make someone sell me some of those seals I need. If that doesn't do it I will clean and or replace the injectors (and I'd sure be interested to know what injector filters are.. I've never heard of them.)

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Fred, I am sorry to have to say this, but I have never in my long life, laughed this hard at someone elses misery. I sure am glad you have maintained your sense of humor. I'd hate to be your car. It must think it's on death row and that would be on a good day. Good luck and God bless the both of you.

In that case..

There will be an entertainment charge or fee.

The charge can be any amt of your choice between $600 and $273B due within four days

or

The fee option offers more flexible terms with the amt being between $700 and $283B due within five days :lol:

Or you can simply pay 10% of what ever Mickey D's made selling coffee yesterday

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Well I talked to a guy I know from the old days and he says he talked to someone and found out it might be some sort of "adapter"

And wouldn't be listed with injector parts

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Well I found out it is saturday and the whole world shuts down in Kansas when it is saturday so now I have to wait for the normal people to get there *#*es back to work so I can get ahold of what I need

their

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Fred -- when I suggested that you have a mechanic do a diangosis, I assumed that they would use the GM OBD II machine that reads numbers, fetches touble code status snapshots, sets and resets bits, etc. The FSM call this the Engine Scan Tool. A knowledgeable tech with one of those and a few minutes would be able to tell whether you had a transmission shifter position line telling the PCM to cut off four cylinders, etc. This was very clearly not done by the dealer or mechanic that you took it to. I apologise for not being more specific about the OBD II Engine Scan Tool.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Fred -- when I suggested that you have a mechanic do a diangosis, I assumed that they would use the GM OBD II machine that reads numbers, fetches touble code status snapshots, sets and resets bits, etc. The FSM call this the Engine Scan Tool. A knowledgeable tech with one of those and a few minutes would be able to tell whether you had a transmission shifter position line telling the PCM to cut off four cylinders, etc. This was very clearly not done by the dealer or mechanic that you took it to. I apologise for not being more specific about the OBD II Engine Scan Tool.

These mental cases would think the machine was a UFO :angry:

Heh! :lol:

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

I'm not a GM employee but I would think that every dealership would be required to have at least one technician who would be certified by GM to use the Engine Scan Tool. Even those dealers that did not have one on board full-time would have arrangements for access to one for cases such as yours. That's the whole rationale for having OBD II and its thousands of DTCs. Without the Engine Scan Tool and a technician qualified to use it available to all dealerships, it's not realizing its potential.

In fact, I would say that a car that is basically a set of networked computers that operate interdependent subsystems, they must have something like OBD II and the Engine Scan Tool or the cars are essentially un-maintainable. Look at the anecdotes about late-model BMWs, for example.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

OBDII was 1996 and after. OBD I was used in 94, but is similar in that the dealer diagnostics can detect exactly which cylinders are missing if any, and can be used to command specific inputs.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

These are the suckers that are shooting up my ride! :angry:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Note: In the first picture they are leaning on eachother but it's two of them.. I wanted to show both sides but they kept falling over so I had to put them up against eachother.

Note: In the first picture they are leaning on eachother but it's two of them.. I wanted to show both sides but they kept falling over so I had to put them up against eachother.

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Nice photo! That was very big of you. :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Agreed,

No software over here at my grandmothers house... *sigh*

I will fix it when I return to my own home :)

I went ahead and posted it so that I might have some input by morning about what that stupid thing is and then maybe I could avoid driving all the way to a Wichita Kansas

Wichita makes me mad- commies- no firearms allowed in your vehicle and the police plant dope on fools. What a mess.

*sigh*

So you have to keep your gun in the trunk and if the gangster wanna to be suckers decide to light up your day you're doomed. :angry:

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

In the 1997 FSM the fuel injectors have upper and lower O-rings that are different colors: black and brown. They are the same size but made of different materials. They are not supposed to be re-used if you change the injectors. I don't see a mention of green in the 1997 FSM, but your pictures may be the lower O-rings.

Those o-rings are smaller than a dime while these things are almost quarter sized.. that's the problem with finding these.. everyone has the o-rings and says these green things don't exist

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Well I called several salvage lots and none of them have any Cadillacs at all and none of them would want to let me pull these things if they did

So if the dealers, parts houses, and the delco parts house all don't know what it is and can't find it.. and I can't pull them from another motor..

:unsure:

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Well I went yet another round with the dealers and parts houses

No luck at 939393ing all

The guy at Donovans in Wichita managed to give me a part number that might have it

But I took that to the dealer and he says I will need to just buy injectors

Well the injectors don't even come with this thing

The delco parts guy even said maybe it was produced in 95 and I needed a 95 part but the door says 2/94

MerryChristmas

IPB Image

MerryChristmas

Fred - I was looking at some reman injectors on the web over the weekend and the pictures did show them to have the green things. I think Bruce had mentioned last week also that the rings were part of the injector. Have you looked at a new or reman injector to see if it has it? This may be what you're down to......

Archived