CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

,01 STS trouble codes U1000,U1255

alwing17

Just wanted to see if anyone has had a problem with these codes and possibly some electrical gremlens that go along with these codes. I know that the prefix U is for communication codes,namely lack of communication(U1000) and U1255,recent lack of. A buddy of mine has an '02 STS and the same thing occures with his car. The only thing that I notice is that my back-up sensors go goofy sometimes and don't work every key cycle. We believe the problem to be the ignition switch,and I am going to his house this week,and try one.I was wondering if anyone else had run into this problem before.

While the ignition switch is certainly a possibility, I would't replace one just to be doing something. U codes tend to be informational and not necessarily an indication of a problem by themselves.

Clear them and motor on down the road.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Historical "U" codes are very common and occure on these cars all of the time...

Worry about "CURRENT CODES" or any codes to do with the PCM...

Ignore and clear the rest...

The backup sensor takes a second to activate and then only works at speeds less then 3-5 MPH

BTW I love my back-up sensors.. the even pickup a chain link fence... amazing technology... I would never buy another car without it!

PS any issues with his CD Stacker? There is an issue with 02 stackers...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived