CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Discussion Topic for Northstar Buicks Olds and Pontiacs?

Lately I've been trying to give back some of the help I've gotten over the last few years by luking and an occasional post. I find this forum to be truly excellent:

• There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here.
  • Posts are always mature and professional in tone.
  • All reply posts are helpful and are worth careful reading and consideration..
  • Spam is not allowed.
  • HowTo pages cover most issues too complex to address with a single reply.
People with Northstars in Buicks, Oldsmobiles, and Pontiacs could benefit from our forum. Why not have a section for them, or include them in the list of makes in the Cadillac forum?

The CTS-V and some Escalade models have the Corvette engine. Why not have a separate forum for cars with this engine? Why not include the Corvette itself?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Or ENGINE forums something like "OHC V8", "OHC V6", "Pushrods" etc.

We have a few members with Oldsmobile Auroras and we might eventually attract a few Northstar Buick owners with the business card plan.

I would hope you could avoid the look and feel of a large number of seperate forums as in Cadillacowners.com.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Cadillac Companion Cars:

Discussion about Buick Lesabre / Lucerne, Oldsmobile Aurora, Buick Lacrosse CXS, Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4.6L, and other cars that share a Cadillac platform or powertrain

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=37

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 5 months later...

I like the current setup of everyone, regardless of vehicle, in the same forum, brings all the cadillac brands together and keeps it easy to see...the only problem I see is if the forum does go extremely large and the posts get pushed off first page to fast.

Until then I like the "lumped" community approach.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 4 weeks later...

If there is going to be a forum for Northstar companion cars I would rather see it as a separate forum. I don't think it would be a good idea co-mingle Buick and Cadillac. What will likely happen is that Buick subjects will branch out beyond the Northstar and soon enough there will be Buick questions in the Cadillac forum.

The subforum is here:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=37

no activity, but the opportunity for Buick Lucerne or Olds Aurora discussion is there.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived