CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Final steps...fake DTS...

Logan

Here it is...the most $$ part of the project....

The front fascia.....

Deville to DTS..

$50 bumper, $300 paint, $100 foglamp....

post-2-1141964685.jpg

It is done....all I have to do is wire the fog lamps....

DTS cluster

Wood steering wheel....change from column shift to floor shift. New column and console...

Paint rear plate panel....DTS emblems....paint lower rockers.....DHS grille....DTS wheels...

post-2-1142008842.jpg

post-2-1142008938.jpg

post-2-1142009029.jpg

post-2-1142009077.jpg

you've done very well with it thats for sure ! i've looked and looked for the wood steering wheel for mine . but i have thought even with a base model i could at least get the woodsteering wheel for it there easy to ride or atleast thats what it seems. now, did you ad the bose ? thats the only thing that really keeps me in my car...lol

michael

and you painted up that cheap ugly grey at the bottom thats the thing i hate the most about the regular deville !

Very nice Logan. Your project had me thinking about getting a DHS and putting in buckets and console, but decided it might be more than I really wanted to get involved in so I went with the SLS. Maybe next time. At least I know where to go for advice.

Very nice Logan. Your project had me thinking about getting a DHS and putting in buckets and console, but decided it might be more than I really wanted to get involved in so I went with the SLS. Maybe next time. At least I know where to go for advice.

All the cars are using buckets. There is a center arm rest 'console' that is removed....it is not part of the seat. In other words....they are not a 60/40 seat. So installing the full floor shifter/ console....you dont have to change the seats at all.

Hmm, well, too late now. Maybe in 4 years when I am ready for a new one and will be retired and looking for a project to keep me out of trouble.

Yes it is plug and start playing with your cool new dash.

Yes, the cluster is plug and play. It will work. At the time of the purchase.....that issue was not so clear. GM has a bulletin about swapping modules like clusters and radios. Many will not work due to VIN programming etc. In this case, the cluster fired right up....now we know....

I did have to cut the plastics above the cluster....for the floating display....U can see the cut in the cluster trim upper plastics..

Purdy!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

i agree with that the dash from my sls i like so much better than the base model deville. ive had 4 deville and 1 seville and i would much rather have the deville.

michael

What do all you guys like about the Deville that's so much better than the Seville? must admit I never even considered one when I was looking for my Seville;

Clue me in.

"My worst day riding, is better than my best day working."

What do all you guys like about the Deville that's so much better than the Seville? must admit I never even considered one when I was looking for my Seville;

Clue me in.

i miss the room and the seats that the deville had to offer !looking out the windshild and seeing the crest knowing that im driving a real car !:)adillac played a role in one of the wars as a war time car for one of the generals and then he became preisdent . his driver was an english owman i believe. i cant remember but it was on the histroy channel. that impresses me! a great machine ! pasty cline even had a song "big long cadillac" was it?that was some words good enough. ;)

it took me months to finally get a setting i truely like and that was based off the exit set up. the bose is the only thing keeping me in my car. the year it has everything one could get in an sls and was bought off the showroom floor. ive had more problems with the sls than i have had with the other 4 devilles i have had i like my car but i would rather have the bigger car. and the trunk its hard to get those plastic storage boxes in. when taking my sister back home from the summer i was over it and we took the town car. ive never seen my same wheels on another seville that i can note while having it not with that high spolish look to them. ive seen them with a dull look to them though. and the Seville drinks more gas than the old 4.9's that i have had. my old deville got up to 33 mpg on the freeway and im lucky to get 23 out of this car after adding a cold air in take and before that i was using a K&n drop in. i tried one of those chip things to that didnt help. infact i feel it made the car run funny after taking it back out. theres just something to be said about the big car.my first car was an 87 deville ! someone once asked why i liked them i simply said," whats good enough for the president is good enough for me"..lol

i grew up with these cars and i have a certain amount of respect for what they are!! and it is the nicest american made car on the roads :)

ill shut up,

michael s

Clue me in.

The Deville is a bit bigger in the back seat, and I also like the styling...really hated the digital display though. I also have noticed here in the Pacific NW that Deville's are cheaper than Seville's. It's good to know the cluster is an easy swap.

Charles

Charles

Archived