CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

a/c control stuck

99 STS MAN

The other day I turned on the heater I turned the driver side to 90* Well today I went to the store and turned on the a/c and I noticed that the air from the two driver side vents is not as cold as the passengerside I put a temp probe and cheked the differance the dr side is about 68* and the pass is about 46* I disconnected the battery to try to reset things bout did not work and yes both temps are set at 60* Thanks guys for your help!!!!! sad.gif

Its low on freon. I had this exact issue about 2 months ago.

Spent 4-5 hours taking the dash apart to check mix doors and sensors. My gauge readings were fine, no codes.

Then discoverd this question in the troubleshooting area of the GM electronic service manual:

"Is driver side warmer then passenger side?"

"System is low on freon, but not low enough to set codes or effect gauge readings"

Arrrggg......

30 minutes latter with 1 can of R143a the car was fixed.

Dual air correct? Driver and passenger side adjustments?

Low freon.....mine simply went warm on the drivers side one day.

I dont think it is low. The a/c was working fine just the day before.

That's the way they go . . . . suddenly.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

"Spent 4-5 hours taking the dash apart to check mix doors and sensors. My gauge readings were fine, no codes."

Save yourself the 4-5 hours I wasted. Throw a can of freon in and see.

I dont think it is low. The a/c was working fine just the day before. I dont think it would be low in just a matter of days.any other ideas?

How do you know it is not low? Did you recover and weigh the charge? This is a textbook case of low refrigerant...dual zone systems that are warmer on one side vs. the other. With a total charge of only 2.0 lbs., it doesn't take much of a loss of charge to affect performance.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived