CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo Cadillac Chat 2016-01-28

http://thechronicleherald.ca/wheelsnews/1338017-ajac-votes-gm%E2%80%99s-rear-camera-mirror-best-new-safety-tech

This year, the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada’s technology panel selected General Motor’s rear camera mirror as the Best New Technology in the Safety category.

Offered on the 2016 Cadillac CT6, the rear camera mirror displays an image on the interior rear view mirror that shows an image about four times larger than a conventional mirror.

B97547402Z.120160128203433000GPQCFP79.11

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Four-wheel steering. The rear wheels can turn up to 3 degrees either in the same direction or in opposition to the front wheels. The first increases high-speed stability and maneuverability, making the big CT6 handle and respond like a small sport sedan. The second increases low-speed maneuverability, making it easier to park and reducing the car’s turning radius by three feet. That means the CT6 can get in and out of small spaces with ease.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2016/01/28/cadillac-ct6-technology/79445658/

Bruce

Room To Live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73D8kMbWn6E

The ORIGINAL "Room To Live!" This classic driver's education video contains the hard facts about what can happen to people who refuse to wear their safety belt. Shot in 1979, the message contained in "Room To Live" still resounds today.

For more information about this video and its presenter, Sgt. Jack Ware, please visit www.roomtolive.com.

Bruce

I got in late and didn't say much, so let me clarify the points I wanted to make:

• The CTS-V is a hugely reliable car and a pleasure to own as a daily driver.
  • A common practice of selling lots of unnecessary work can decrease market share by giving a car an unfair reputation for cost to drive. It's bad for the dealer and its bad for GM. You can do your part by saying no when appropriate.

I saw a blog or news release lately that quoted some GM people, including the V-Series manager, that verified that the V-Series is important to the Cadillac line for the future. I'll leave how that may be for you to decide.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

@ Jim, with the announcement of a forthcoming 4.2 twin turbo V-8 for the CT6, and although it probably won't be a "V" Series (but probably a V-Sport) that may be part of the important part that the manager was referring (as is probably other stuff in the pipe-line). It is good to know that the "V's" are going to be around for a while.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

They've been making the V-Series since 2004, including the STS-V and the CTS-V, which is over 10 years now, and they just introduced the third generation CTS-V. The ATS-V holds the manufacturer's championship and hosts the driver's championship in the Pirelli World Challenge, won in its first model year - and that is a class competing against Lamborghinis, Ferrarris and such, all hugely expensive and exotic cars. Not a Viper, Mustang or Corvette to be seen in the class.

Looks like committment to me.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Missed the chat while attending Barrett Jackson this week. I was checking out the cars, and kept hearing what sounded like racing to the east of me. So me being that kinda guy I head that way. They have zo6 vette's and a cts-v running hot laps on a little track. As I approach, I realize people like me get to drive! So I called my buddy and tell him to GET OVER HERE. I don't know how much it cost, but I'm gonna pay it :)..Turns out we only get to drive a choice of several cars and trucks including, impala, silverado, ss camaro, on a very short track maybe reaching 30-35 mph (wasn't watching the speedo) Then get the hot lap with a pro driver. Oh well its all FREE too. I get to first in line and the cts is needing a rest, so had to settle for a vette. Only one cts-v in the herd, so its just going non stop and getting hot. They are laps that use only first gear in the zo6 and the caddy shifts once I think. So maybe close to 60 mph, then on the brakes, wide open to next corner, brakes etc... for 6 corners. Didn't take very long!

Many old 50's and 60's caddy's. I took pics of one beautiful car, but camera did it NO justice so wont bother posting. I notice an 06 xlr-v , 40,000 miles sell for an unbelievable $60,000 and an 09 unknown miles (I can't find it anyway) sold for $101,200!!!!

Archived