CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo Live Cadillac Chat 2013-05-23

Our Next CaddyInfo Live Cadillac Chat will be Thursday evening at 8 PM Central / 9 PM Eastern / 6 pm Pacific.

event_theme.jpg

Planned Topics:

+ Air Filters, Air Intakes, Air-Fuel monitoring (Wide-Band O2)

+ If I could tell Cadillac something (and they would listen) it would be...

+ Cadillac opened a factory in China for the Chinese Market -- Oh No? Oh Good?

+ How much power (or what power to weight) do you want in a daily driver (really)?

+ What was the Best Cadillac you ever owned?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'll be there. Early.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks Cadillac Jim & Texas Jim -- Sorry we missed airmike this week. At the end of the video we did talk more about how to get setup to participate live on the chat on Google+

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

i did watch you guys talking. i signed up for the google+ but still have no camera. i will tune in again, hopefully next week

i did watch you guys talking. i signed up for the google+ but still have no camera. i will tune in again, hopefully next week

Do you have a laptop with a webcam??

That's what I use...

In a pinch, you can also use an Android smartphone that has Google + installed on it.

I used my phone on the first one, before I remembered that my laptop had a camera.

Posted Image

Texas Jim, I don't have a laptop. My droid is apparently overrun with apps that need updated and being the genius I am, I have no idea how to get rid of them. I tried downloading google+ on it and can't. I have about 15 apps that will never finish updating/downloading/installing. I enjoy hearing the chat in any case,

Texas Jim, I don't have a laptop. My droid is apparently overrun with apps that need updated and being the genius I am, I have no idea how to get rid of them. I tried downloading google+ on it and can't. I have about 15 apps that will never finish updating/downloading/installing. I enjoy hearing the chat in any case,

What droid do you have ?

Maybe I can help you fix it...

Posted Image

I found that Firefox on Android won't work with Google+ but there is a Droid app for Google+. I activated that and it went straight to my gmail account and activated a Google+ account from that, meaning that I now have two Google+ accounts, one for my phone and one for my home computer. I went ahead and linked up with Brice so I always have a Plan B if I'm away from the computer or otherwise must use the phone to participate.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

I believe that, do delete apps in an Android environment, you can press and hold an icon, and a garbage can will appear at the bottom of the screen. You drag it to the garbage can.

You need to check the Apps folder, accessed by pressing the Apps system icon. Scroll until you find the app and if it's still there, press the Settings system icon and select Edit, and follow the prompts to delete the app.

Some apps are in ROM and can't be fully deleted, but you can delete all updates and initialization that way. So, if editing the Apps folder doesn't delete an app, don't worry, it's in ROM but it won't bother you unless you activate it.

I contacted KHE by PM last night and didn't get a response by noon today, so I left voice mail on his cell phone. He may be out of touch for a couple of days. I put the core information in the PM, except the link to Google+, which is

http://plus.google.com

From that screen you set up a free account. With any webcam and mike you are ready to go. Find Bruce Nunnally and put him in your circle; any of us already on Google+ can walk you through that.

The best setup is a headset to eliminate other users hearing an echo from the speakers to your mike. The headset will prevent your speakers from being audible in the room. I use a headset with a little boom mike, but that's not really necessary, I just don't have another mike handy on my desktop. If you have a laptop, you may be ready to go as-is, or, if other people hear an echo, a $10 set of headphones.

Archived