CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS Security System Problem

obieco

I inherited a 1 year, sat not running, 97 seville STS. Repaced key. Is there a way to bypass pass-key security system on a 97 seville. Can i just short the 2 column orange wires accross the key pellet? How do you determind correct resistance? Where to test location? It was crankin w/no fuel pressure, I reset codes and now will not even crank. Current codes are

IPC U 2710

IPC U 2710

IPC U 1016

TCS C 1255

TCS C 1295

TCS C 1276

PZM B 1558

PZM U 1255

Will fire on eather, need to bypass fuel pump. Appreciate all ideas!!!

IPC

B2710 PASSKey Open/Shorted Pellet

B2710 PASSKey Open/Shorted Pellet

U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with PCM

B1016 Passenger Deployment Loop Resistance Low

TCS

C1255 EBCM Internal Malfunction (ABS/TCS Disabled)

U1255 Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

C1295 Brake Lamp Switch Circuit Open

C1276 Delivered Torque Signal Circuit Malfunction

PZM

B1558 BCM EPROM Checksum Error

U1255 Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)

The fact that you have codes means that your key will turn on and that the car will respond. I would just use the VIN to get a new key. The VIN will get the right resistance for you. If you take the key to a locksmith (not a GM dealer), they will measure the resistance and give you one that will work.

There are too many other codes. I would start by pulling the battery, charging it, and checking it for holding a charge. Then, check the coolant level, the power steering level, the brake fluid, the power steering fluid, and the ATF. With a good battery and a new key, the car should turn over. Whether it starts or not is another matter.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

You can't just short the column wires. Take the ignition key to any GM dealer and have them use the Kent Moore "Interrogator" to see if the pellet on the key is making good contact and have them tell you what pellet "number" you have.

If the key tests bad, then you can get a new key while you're there. If the key os OK, then there is some additional troubleshooting that will need to be done.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived