CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help IDing

gonzo350

It might help to describe what you are trying to identify.

Are you are trying to identify the engine type - such as LD8 (275hp) or ?37(300hp)?

Is the engine out of the vehicle already?

If would probably help if you could take a couple "arms-length" pictures of the numbers (so the exact engine location can be determined) and post them.

Good Luck :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

This engine is out of the car. It was dropped off in my garage by a "friend" 2.5 years ago...and now its time to go. So I'm going to sell it whole or part it out and I'm trying to determin what year this motor is. Are there any other locations for vins or id numbers that 'm missing? Woudl pics help? Thanks!

Selling a 4.6 NorthStar engine ! Now you will probably get some attention.

I went through about 30 Google pages and could only find a few references to buying a book or site membership to research "Cadillac engine casting numbers" that hopefully include the 4.6.

It seems that finding info on how read the car's VIN number was easy by comparison. Unfortunately - that won't do you any good now, since the engine and car parted company a along time ago.

A picture of the overall engine (with intake assembly) might help you a lot. Guru himself might take pity and decode the numbers you already provided or prompt you for the other numbers or methods to ID the engine out of the car.

If we knew that these numbers were repeated on other engines, some members might be able to compare their numbers to yours.

You may want to post this in the "for sale" section. There seem to a number of people eager for a bargain engine (you may want to add what part of the country the engine is located (for shipping or pickup).

In particular, I think "Wille Hank" had his NorthStar hydrolocked last week or so.

Again, good luck with your project. :(

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived