CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oil Additives

95SLS

I saw it with my own eyes, looked at it happen for 3 full hours. What's in your oil?

I just got back from a place called Newell, WV it was a goose chase, My Company sent me to pick up 47000 lbs of oil. Shell Oil. The night mare was, that the directions were wrong and no one in the small town knew of Shell oil co in town.

Well, it was there, It was showered with Quaker state signs.

So, I go in and get ready to load. While I am being loaded I see boxes of Oil of every brand, you name it! Wolf's Head, Shell, Quaker State, Pennzoil, Wal Mart, The list is endless.

So I ask the guy in charge what the hell is going on? He explains who bought who and several merges. He informs me that it all comes from the same spout, every last drop! He shows me the area where it all happens, How your oil is made and packaged.

Man I was depressed, all this time I was spending extra money and not getting anything?

Well, no, he explains, and then he shows me the area where the oils is made different.

What makes the only difference? The additives line. Yep! They use additives in their oil!

I asked for an opinion, he explains that what I use probably has the most "Good Stuff in it" And the worse in his opinion, was brand Wal Mart. The least. "Almost Water he explains."

Well, I feel better, and I am also still going to add what I add to my oil, they do it! Price does make a difference, the more they add the more it will cost. If you add more, it cost even more. One thing is for sure, you won't want to put in Wal Mart oil without putting in an additive.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I asked for an opinion, he explains that what I use probably has the most "Good Stuff in it" And the worse in his opinion, was brand Wal Mart. The least. "Almost Water he explains."

Walmart! Supertech? Say it ain't so :o So what is the "good stuff"? Name names.

So I ask the guy in charge what the hell is going on?

are you sure you asked the right person? Usually cleaning men/women the most knowledgeable people at companies (IMO) :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

So you ended up at Ergon I take it? Used to be the Quaker State refinery there. I think that's good news about the Super Tech stuff, most oil analysis show that it performs very well. That means all the others would be excellent! If you want a real thrill, find out where they package the anti freeze! Of course that should still be over at Gordon Lube, on the Allegheny River.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

wolf's head...wow...there's a name i haven't heard in years...didn't think they still made oil....talk about marketing: i remember as a kid going to king's discount store and seeing "fox"s head" oil sold....i think it actually was used motor oil...no joke...jackg 90seville 95k

To answer your question, I am not all that sure what the place was called. I can tell you it was on Congo RD at 2875 The pickup was for Shell Oil, but all I saw was Quaker State signs and they person in charge (Was not a Janitor by the way) said it is actually called something else now.

The point I was making, is that it all comes from the same spout. Oil is oil, and only the additives make the difference. The "High Mileage" Oils had the most additives.

It all make's sense, every time you get an oil analysis done, the first question is, What type oil is it? They have on record what the formulation is. That's how they can tell what is left. The second question is, Did you put anything into the oil, and that is tricky because they have to know exactly how much. (No ball parks here.)

The problem I see is that they mix it with computers! HUH! What if I get the oil that they mixed with a Virus? JJ.

As a truck driver who lives in a GM town, I get to see a lot of things the public don't, I see where the steel comes from that is in you car. (Also Fords and Chryslers,) I see how they make most of the parts from scratch.

I was just pointing out this one area that I thought would be of interest. I was taken a back by it. I thought everyone had a secret formula that was guarded by Pit Bulls and Lions.

By the way, I also delivered to Hostess in Memphis TN, I won't come within 20 yards of a Twinkie now. (I saw how they make them and where.)

If you got it, a truck brought it!

Mike

"The problem I see is that they mix it with computers! HUH!

What if I get the oil that they mixed with a Virus? JJ."

Would you rather have them blend it by hand?

I think not. You needn't worry about a virus

because that's a standalone Foxboro control

system over there. I know because I developed

the software for that blender and installed it

myself several years back. The same year went

back to put in a new blender for their "special"

recipes, several big races were won by race

teams sponsored by Quaker State. One of the

operators told me that Quaker State has high

quality standards because some time ago they

put out some bad stuff. Ever since then they

emphazise the big "Q" for quality.

The problem I see is that they mix it with computers! HUH! What if I get the oil that they mixed with a Virus? JJ.

In that case your PCM may be infected with the same virus (via wrong oil). Hopefully the oil filter will take care of it :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

As a truck driver who lives in a GM town, I get to see a lot of things the public don't, I see where the steel comes from that is in you car. (Also Fords and Chryslers,) I see how they make most of the parts from scratch.

I was just pointing out this one area that I thought would be of interest. I was taken a back by it. I thought everyone had a secret formula that was guarded by Pit Bulls and Lions.

By the way, I also delivered to Hostess in Memphis TN, I won't come within 20 yards of a Twinkie now. (I saw how they make them and where.)

If you got it, a truck brought it!

Mike

Drivers have the best stories. A close buddy of mine is a driver and his stories are along the same line. I doubt the general public realizes that, for example pepsi co's pepsi concentrate is brought into the plants in the middle of the night on plain label trucks wearing hazard plaques. Why? Because the phosphoric acid in that concentration would be an environmental hazard. Probably why coke and pepsi clean toilets, etc (we've all seen the e-mail forwards) so well. And did you know that the military has chemicals and explosive compounds shipped right through your neighborhood in the middle of the night using plain label trucks? How else do people expect items like that to be delivered.... in a truck with a big ol sign that says blow me up? That's one of the prices of freedom the public unknowingly must pay. I'll think twice the next time I buy a Twinky Mike lol.

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

And did you know that the military has chemicals and explosive compounds shipped right through your neighborhood in the middle of the night using plain label trucks? How else do people expect items like that to be delivered.... in a truck with a big ol sign that says blow me up?

There was a story here where a plain-label ammunition truck got into an accident and it was discovered what it was carrying. All of a sudden man...the media was proclaiming doomsday!

"Can you believe what they're driving down the street of our neighborhood?!?!"

"This just in---a potentially DEVASTATING accident avoided as a military ammunition truck barely escapes DISASTER with a flat tire!!!" Give me a break...

Similarly, when it was discovered (by the pot licking media) that nuclear waste from a nuclear power plant was being shipped via the railroads, all heck broke loose! Before anyone thought, "well, how the heck ELSE are they going to get rid of it," they started boycotting the railroad and protesting the nuclear power, blah blah blah.

They've been doing these practices safely for DECADES. But when the media "discovers" what's going on and calls it breaking news, it's like the apocalypse has arrived. Sheesh... :rolleyes: As Bbobynski has said before, people don't know what they don't know...

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

How ARE Twinkies made? I thought only hot dogs (non kosher) had all the crapola in them.

If we knew what we where eating and how it was made we'd probably all be a few pounds lighter. :lol:

I think we are off topic.

The Twinkie is not the Cadillac of things to eat.

Factory's like this have rodent control on the edges of the walls. Face it mice get in. This place had them all FULL! (So mice can pass them and not get trapped)

And the Ceiling was something out of a monster movie, cobwebs hanging down, spiders rapelling, dust, dirt, crud. Kinda reminded me of an Old Barn basement. Low ceiling and all.

The placed smelled great, like twinkies. But had it not been for that smell, I bet it would have been a damp stench.

Sorry for off topic. Bad boys we are!

Archived