CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Marks Turbo Charged 99STS

Well it's been a long time since I have been on the forums. Been very busy personally with work and have about a million irons in the fire on every other front.

Thought I would update everybody on the car. It's running great but I've been wanting to get in the 11's for a long time at the track and I new I would have to do some more upgrades to get there. I am now running a 70mm turbo and added an electric exhaust cutout to maximize the efficiency of the 3" pipe coming off the turbo and it sounds awesome. I upgraded the injectors to 60lb as the 42's were maxed out at 14psi. I decided to give it a shot on the last day of the season for test & tune.

I ran the car almost completely out of gas and for safety, put in 7 gal of 115 octane race gas even though I had a good tune on the car but I have never run over 14 lbs of boost and we were planing on cranking it up to 20 lbs of boost. I data logged my first run and I about crapped when I reviewed it. I hit 21.4 lbs of boost and it held it rock steady thru the entire run. I did a 12.20 at 118 mph. The problem was I had so much power I roasted the slicks all thru 1ST and 2ND gear. After the run I talked to a couple people there who saw me run and they looked at my slicks and said they were no good as they are about 3yrs old and had hardened which is why I was getting no traction.

I needed more weight on the front so I disconnected the links in the back to make the shocks go to max height and figured I would just sit in the pit and smoke the crap out of the tires to get them as hot and sticky as I could . I power braked on the line to build about 2 lbs of boost and let it rip. I still spun in 1ST but 2ND and 3RD grabbed and I ended up doing an 11.82@ 119.4 mph. My 60 foot was still horrible but at least I got in the 11's.

I have it on video and I am having a freind combine it with the other video of the car on you tube and put it all in one . Jim is also going to put it up on his website so I will get the link posted as soon as it is ready.

Mark 99STS

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Wow, congrats! That is a terrific achievement. Thanks for the update. By comparison, the new CTS-V with 556 hp runs the quartermile around 12.3-12.6 sec at 115 mph on street tires. 11.82@ 119.4 mph is really moving.

CTS-V stats:http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/?p=2040

More info on Mark's 1999 Cadillac STS: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=28

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived