CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stuck in Park, Key Stuck. Service Theft System

2003 CTS DTC U1300, C1244, U1000. I tried disconnecting the battery. It reset it temporarily. Now removing the power does not clear it. The traction control lamp is on. The theft lamp illuminates after started. Please advice. I believe it might be a harness problem.

I would suspect dirty terminals, a bad ground, or a faulty battery. the key does not come out because there is not enough current to engage the solenoid to engage the key release - so imagine what it's doing to the computer with such low voltage. start with the "routine" meintenance stuff first. - then check the fuses, and under the fuse box / relay conter for corrosion.

I would suspect dirty terminals, a bad ground, or a faulty battery. the key does not come out because there is not enough current to engage the solenoid to engage the key release - so imagine what it's doing to the computer with such low voltage. start with the "routine" meintenance stuff first. - then check the fuses, and under the fuse box / relay conter for corrosion.

Battery replaced yesterday, previous battery out because key could not come out. Intermittent theft deterrent system error. I removed the key manually, able to start.

One able to move out of pack, other times I deactivated the park lock solenoid. I suspect a module ground error or an intermittent harness short. I might purchase a new ECM and get it reprogrammed.

• 1 month later...
2003 CTS DTC U1300, C1244, U1000. I tried disconnecting the battery. It reset it temporarily. Now removing the power does not clear it. The traction control lamp is on. The theft lamp illuminates after started. Please advice. I believe it might be a harness problem.

Dear

i have the same troubles with my 2006 Cadillac CTS ,mileage 12565 miles ,that was running pretty good when suddenly the traction control lamp comes ON The theft lamp illuminates after started, fuel gage displays empty temperature gage stops working ,key stuck in ignition cylinder ......DTC U1300,U1000, and P1629 have current status ...please could anyone advice , knowing that the RIM ,DIM ,Ignition lock cylinder case were all replaced but the problem remains ....if anyone in this forum has fix this kind of problem please let me know ......

Dear

i have the same troubles with my 2006 Cadillac CTS ,mileage 12565 miles ,that was running pretty good when suddenly the traction control lamp comes ON The theft lamp illuminates after started, fuel gage displays empty temperature gage stops working ,key stuck in ignition cylinder ......DTC U1300,U1000, and P1629 have current status ...please could anyone advice , knowing that the RIM ,DIM ,Ignition lock cylinder case were all replaced but the problem remains ....if anyone in this forum has fix this kind of problem please let me know ......

It turned out to be the ECM. If you only have 12565 miles your vehicle is still under warranty. Mine was replaced under an EPA warranty.

• 2 years later...

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->2003 CTS DTC U1300, C1244, U1000. I tried disconnecting the battery. It reset it temporarily. Now removing the power does not clear it. The traction control lamp is on. The theft lamp illuminates after started. Please advice. I believe it might be a harness problem.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2005 CTS. The key is stuck in the ignition, the fuel gauge reads empty, and it says I need to service the theft deterrent system. What fixed this problem?

Is the ignition switch off?

There is a diagnostic tree for "Key can not be removed in OFF LOCK position"

Attached is the tree

post-2998-131525172855_thumb.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived