CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Disable "Service Ride Control" Message

Nothing's easy anymore. My car is an exception to the routine (easy) method to disable the ride control messsage. I have checked the archives on this, and the only info for my car begins with "Cut Circuit 1020 (pink)" and ends with "...relay pin 85." Installing passive struts is not much of a problem, but when I think about rewiring my electronics, I begin the shake and sweat! Probably because I don't even know where to find the pink wire for Circuit 1020. And the instruction for the '93 Seville are said to be in the '92 manual! Is there an easier way to disable the message? If not, any helpful hints from those who have gone before me? Alternatively, can anyone scan and send me the relevant pages from the '92 manual (a lot to ask). And lacking that, can anyone in Atlanta recommend a good shop to do it for me. Thanks in advance for your help./

If you do nothing, the only adverse side effect is that the message "service ride control" will displayed on the console (sooner or later) every time you start the vehicle. One push of the button and it's gone. There was also a write up for going into the computer and disabling the ride control message. I followed it to the letter, but the end result was that I still got the service ride control message. Others have tried using the 50 watt 10 ohm power resistor to fool the system. Unfoutunately, our system is of the 2 ohm vintage, and I need to do more research in the archives to see if anyone was sucessful with a 50 watt 2 ohm power resistor. In conclusion, It's not any big deal to clear the message.

See the post "Error Codes-92 Seville STD not STS.This procedure worked on my 92,dont know if it is the same on the 93.If the 92 manual is the same for the 93 I would think it would.

Stokes & BShlossmann:

Thaks for your quick responses. I tried the panel fix (several times, with several "creative" variations), but all to no avail. So it looks like the answer is NOT in the '92 manual, despite the reference to it in the service bulletin! I share sumdumgal's confusion in the referenced post--but it looks like the '93 Seville with the 4.9 motor requires the cutting and splicing of wires plus the addition of a module to eliminmate the message. Curses!!! Other '93 owners: any alternatives? Sumdumgal: if you are listening, what did you finally do? And yes, one can always just delete the message every time it comes on, but that is irksome! Help?

Installing the relay is pretty straightforward. I got the relay and socket from www.gmotors.com. Remove the cover in the trunk to expose the rear of the back seat. The ride control module is in the lower right side.

You're looking to cut the RED (not pink) wire in the harness, splice into a brown (IIRC) wire that is 12 volt switched, and a decent spot to ground. When you get the relay and socket the pin designations are clearly marked and self-explanatory. Follow the procedure outlined here .... http://www.caddyinfo.com/disable.htm and you will have no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Finallly got around to trying to disable this SRC message. I have a '92 Seville STD (not STS). I used the procedure found on the CaddyInfo 'How To' section at http://www.caddyinfo.com/howto.html under 'Suspension'/"How can I disable".

Worked like a charm. When I first entered diagnostic mode by pushing OFF and Warmer together, the instrument LED lights flashed once, then some history codes were displayed once, then ECM? Bypassed this with 'Lo' fan button. Next was IPC? Hit the 'Hi' fan button and followed the procedure precisely from there. No more message.

Now I need to figure out how to determine what the actual error code (problem) is. Think there some wire jumping involved but I don't have the manual to show me pin locations, etc.

Thanks to Bruce for posting the procedures.

Archived