CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Emblem

Marcus815

Hey Guys,

I feel stupid posting this here because there are so many more important things in this forum section, but after looking for five minutes I can't find anywhere else more appropriate to post this. It's regarding the different Era's of Cadillac emblems and symbols. As far as I can tell there are five different styles. The original flying goddess(1), the Cadillac crest with a somewhat "V" shape underneath (2), the bold and somewhat modern Cadillac symbol (3), the slightly refined Cadillac symbol (4), and the modern Cadillac symbol (5).

car14aweb.jpg (1)

V-logo.jpg (2)

cadillac-logo.jpg (3)

capitol_cadillac_logo.jpg (4)

1018725.w315.jpg (5)

I first noticed the Original Flying Goddess when researching the Cadillac Sixteen (Not the Concept Supercar, the old luxury Cadillac from the 1930's). I was curious if anyone had such an ornament on their Cadillac and how they came by it. They don't do things like that on car's anymore and I think it'd be great to have one of them.

Thanks,

Marcus

There were way more then 5

here are some more

Cadillac%20Logo%20history.jpg

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

If you're interested in anything Cadillac, go to www.cadillaclasalleclub.com then click on The Cadillac Database on the left side of the screen. Lots of great information on anything and everything Cadillac.

Regarding the Cadillac Goddess of 1930 thru 1932, they are hard to find. Try ebay, there are several currently up for auction. The originals are quite expensive when found in good condition. There was a recasting in the mid 1960's which is also rather rare today. I recently found one at a flea market as I've been searching for one for years. There are miniatures available for sale. Google Cadillac Goddess and you should find them. Good luck.

Archived