CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Broad Stripes for a Bright Star

Autoweek posted a review of the 08 Cadillac CTS here:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...E/70719011/1065

This was a full review after they drove the new CTS. Overall they seem optimistic that the 08 CTS is going to sell more CTSs than the previous model

They compliment the new interior, and they enjoy the performance of the new engine & various suspension options:

A short run in a car equipped with the PFI engine, all-wheel drive and the FE2 setup revealed a decent ride and pickup and lively handling. Not surprisingly, however, our favorite combination matched the DI engine with the FE3 chassis setup (available only in rear-drive). Even though the FE2 is tuned to provide a bit more compliant, less enthusiast-oriented ride than the top-trim FE3 setup, we found the sportier chassis did a better job of minimizing the harshness at impact over broken surfaces even while delivering a slightly stiffer all-around ride characteristic.

The main differences between the chassis choices come down to tires and the individual suspension tuning each requires. Base FE1 cars get 17-inch 235/55 all-season rubber (the outgoing CTS makes do with 16-inchers), FE2s get V-rated 235/50R-18s, and the FE3 comes with high-performance 235/50ZR-18s. The base car also lacks the limited-slip differential found on the other two trims and has smaller-diameter antiroll bars fore and aft. All cars get StabiliTrak stability control with brake assist standard.

They repeat the claim for 0-60 in 5.9s, which improved the previous CTS' 6.4s-6.6s:

Even so, the CTS displays plenty of straight-line speed. Cadillac says the car should run from 0 to 60 mph in 5.9 seconds, which pushes the new CTS closer to the last CTS-V’s territory.

Overall the tone / conclusion of the article seems to be that while the original CTS was good, the new CTS improves all the imperfections of the original.

This is good press for the new car.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Now that's looking much better. They finally fixed the "boxy" look that I disliked so much about the CTS.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Yes, that's a nice shot of the 2008 CTS on the track.

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dl...65&MaxW=800

Note the test driver has a helmet on also.

Bruce

I just got my Motor Trend, the September 07 issue.. Has a CTS on the cover...

Caption says:

Cadillac CTS

Flat out thru Germany in the best darn Caddy in 50 years

Which is nice... but what ever happened to Coupes???

When did it become okay for personal luxury sports vehicles to have 4 doors???

Sorry... I just don't get it.

We keep getting rumors that a CTS coupe is on the way soon, so stand by. The XLR is a great 2-door avail now of course.

Bruce

Archived