CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Alarm won't disarm and Car won't start...

shortyc82

I don't have the remote to just push the panic button... I also read the manual that told me what to do incase I were to accidently set it off... But all it says is "If you set off the alarm by accident, unlock any door with your key or Keyless Entry System" (which again i don't have)... And this did not work anyway...

The first time the alarm went off, I was able to start the car... but the alarm continued to sound... So I unhooked the battery and later took the fuse out for the horn... I let the car sit for a day and when I tried to start it, it won't even turn over and the security system light flashes and so does the whole dash... The red link blinks about every two seconds... I just want to disarm the alarm completely... I was hoping that there was maybe a wire I could cut to make it easier... Also I heard a clicking noise under the dash, and found where it was coming from... I'm not sure what I can do with the console... I opened it and there were two switches inside and I tried the four possible variations of the switches which all changed nothing... I even took out the sidekick panel to look for a light green wire(because i saw somethin about it on another forum) to maybe disconnect the alarm, but there was more than one and I did not want to mess anything up as I have no experience what so ever... I have no idea what i'm looking at under the dash or in the sidekick panel

I was also having a problem with the locks and this is what I found for that...

"Door locks cycle while driving, then quit working electronically?

TAC has a solution for this complaint. The fix involved is to add a relay in to circuit to power down anti-theft module. Also check for wiring rubbing in the rear doors on the front run channel bracket. Remember there is a door lock switch to lock only in the rear doors. There has been more rights than lefts rubbed through Or the other possibility is that the RKE programing wires are touching together and cause a lock cycle when going over bumps, might also be possible the programming wires are touching ground."

Maybe it is a combination of the two electrical problems...

PLEASE HELP!! I have only one other source of transportation and I can't drive that one either...

Any help will be much appreciated... Thanks in advance... :(

I don't have the remote to just push the panic button... I also read the manual that told me what to do incase I were to accidently set it off... But all it says is "If you set off the alarm by accident, unlock any door with your key or Keyless Entry System" (which again i don't have)... And this did not work anyway...

The first time the alarm went off, I was able to start the car... but the alarm continued to sound... So I unhooked the battery and later took the fuse out for the horn... I let the car sit for a day and when I tried to start it, it won't even turn over and the security system light flashes and so does the whole dash... The red link blinks about every two seconds... I just want to disarm the alarm completely... I was hoping that there was maybe a wire I could cut to make it easier... Also I heard a clicking noise under the dash, and found where it was coming from... I'm not sure what I can do with the console... I opened it and there were two switches inside and I tried the four possible variations of the switches which all changed nothing... I even took out the sidekick panel to look for a light green wire(because i saw somethin about it on another forum) to maybe disconnect the alarm, but there was more than one and I did not want to mess anything up as I have no experience what so ever... I have no idea what i'm looking at under the dash or in the sidekick panel

TAC has a solution for this complaint. The fix involved is to add a relay in to circuit to power down anti-theft module. Also check for wiring rubbing in the rear doors on the front run channel bracket. Remember there is a door lock switch to lock only in the rear doors. There has been more rights than lefts rubbed through Or the other possibility is that the RKE programing wires are touching together and cause a lock cycle when going over bumps, might also be possible the programming wires are touching ground."

PLEASE HELP!! I have only one other source of transportation and I can't drive that one either...

Don't start "cutting wires" or adding relays... that will only cause other problems. You mention a red light blinking but the "SECURITY SYSTEM" light in the factory system is orange. If you have the factory system, I suspect that one of the door or trunk tamper switches has failed and is tripping the alarm. The easiest one to check is the trunk tamper switch - unplug it and see if the problem goes away, if it does, you've found the problem. If not, try the other tamper switches at the doors until you find the one that when unplugged, eliminates the false tripping of the alarm.

The door locks cycling may be due to a bad ground connection. Remove the driver's side kick panel and there will be a stud with several ground wires attached. Remove, clean, and lube with dielectric grease and reassemble.

If you don't have a factory service manual, it would be a good investment that will pay for itself the very first time you use it.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It definitely sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm system hooked up to your vehicle as well as the factory alarm system. The red light is the aftermarket system. You need to find out where that system is and disconnect. Over time, those aftermarket jobs always seem to fail and interfere with the vehicle's system, especially when they attempt to tie in and interrupt starting. The two systems always seem to conflict over time. To disarm the factory system, all you would need to do is turn the door key in either of the front two door lock cylinders if the alarm has been activated or to disarm it before it goes off. There could be a myriad of ways to disarm the aftermarket system.

Max

Don't start "cutting wires" or adding relays... that will only cause other problems. You mention a red light blinking but the "SECURITY SYSTEM" light in the factory system is orange. If you have the factory system, I suspect that one of the door or trunk tamper switches has failed and is tripping the alarm. The easiest one to check is the trunk tamper switch - unplug it and see if the problem goes away, if it does, you've found the problem. If not, try the other tamper switches at the doors until you find the one that when unplugged, eliminates the false tripping of the alarm.

The door locks cycling may be due to a bad ground connection. Remove the driver's side kick panel and there will be a stud with several ground wires attached. Remove, clean, and lube with dielectric grease and reassemble.

If you don't have a factory service manual, it would be a good investment that will pay for itself the very first time you use it.

Thanks KHE and Maximin for your replies in trying to help... I didn't cut any wires, but I did unplug some wires which I have pictured below... The red light I was talking about is also pictured... I guess it was an aftermarket problem... I couldn't get into my door or my rear seats because I didn't want to break anything and I didn't know how to properly get into those two areas... So I got frustrated and just unplugged the wires from the console I described (which I know was not the smartest thing to do)... But it seemed to solve the problem, the clicking stopped and I was able to start my car right up afterwards with no alarm... Now my question now is, will this create more problems and did I unhook anything that my car actually needs?...

Here are the photos I took:

The first photo is of course what I unplugged and the second shows the switches I tried to tamper with hoping it would somehow disarm the alarm...

IPB Image

The third photo is what I believe to be part of the aftermarket alarm to set the sensitivity levels... and lastly just a photo of the red light I was referring to....

IPB Image

Well I hope I didn't mess anything up... Thanks again for trying to help... :D

When you open any of the doors, does an amber "SECURITY SYSTEM" light flash on the left side of the instrument panel? If so, you have the factory alarm and I would suggest removing the aftermarket alarm. This is yet another case where aftermarket alarms cause problems....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived