CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Remote Keyless Entry--question

I have a 92 Eldo that I just purchased a RKE transmitter off of EBAY for. I went to program it as per the instructions of someone on this board, and for some reason I cant even get the door locks to cycle once...You see one of the first steps is to find the trunk pull down motor harness and look for a black wire w/a white stripe. Then after you find that wire, get an extra piece of wire (stripped at both ends) and ground it near the trunk pull down motor. Then you are to hold both wires in your hand and supposedly the locks will "cycle"; and thats when you continue with the programming process. I cant even get past that point. My two major questions are, "Does the trunk pull down motor have to work in order to program the keyless entry??" and also "Does it matter what type of wire you're using??" I wanted to know since my trunk pull down no longer works, and I was using a piece of power wire. All help would be apprieciated since I've been waiting to add this feature back to my eldo. Lastly, don't even suggest that my car may not come with it. I know it has that capability. Thanks in advance for the help.

No - the trunk pulldown does not need to be working.

Are you sure you're getting a good ground with the jumper wire? Try the antenna mast housing (behing the trunk carpet) for a ground. If all else fails, you could temporaraly run a wire from the battery negative terminal to the programming wire in the trunk.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Do i feel like an idiot or what.... I found my problem... I didn't have the key in the ACC position... I was too anxious to get this thing programmed, and forgot to read the first line in the instructions.

Well I guess I'm the Dumb A** for today..

D.B.

I would be interested in knowing if the procedure was successful for you. I have also located another key fob on eBay but want to be reassured that this is something we can do ourselves. I have to go to the Dealer for another ignition pass key but I don't want to give him a nickel more than necessary. Let us know if it worked as described. THANKS!

Archived