CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS Front Door Speaker

baslin

In the Bose system, each speaker has an associated amp. Usually it is the amps that go bad. Here is one place that offers repaired parts:

http://carstereohelp.com/cadillac.htm

You can often find amps/speakers on ebay also.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I ordered & got a speaker for the front door from the website Bruce highlighted. Only needed the speaker. It took a week to get it but the speaker was fine and fit & sounded great. 98- Cads had the amp/speaker problem. 98+ its just a speaker. Lucky us.....

I'm not sure what you mean by the speaker being "blown," but if the amplifier is bad, 75% of the time it can be repaired by simply replacing all the electrolytic capacitors on the amp board.

It's a gamble, but . . . . if you're handy with that sort of thing you might want to give it a try.

If you can definitely determine the speaker is bad I'd do as Bill K suggested and visit the site Bruce mentioned for a replacement speaker.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Yeah, like Bill said, the 98-up Seville has one amplifier driving all 8 speakers. Same for Bose or non-Bose, although not the same amplifier, obviously :)

Charles

I don't think Bill K said that. I suspect you are in error.

If you were talking about a DeVille, it might be a different story.

The Bose speakers, AFAIK, have amplifiers mounted on the individual speaker enclosures and are fed by low level signals.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Looks to me like that is what Bill said up in post #3. I can personally guarantee that the Bose system in my '99 STS has but one amplifier behind the rear seat that drives all 8 of the speakers, including the subwoofer.

Charles

Looks to me like that is what Bill said up in post #3. I can personally guarantee that the Bose system in my '99 STS has but one amplifier behind the rear seat that drives all 8 of the speakers, including the subwoofer.

Ah, sorry about that. Mea culpa. Living in this comfortable Eldorado world over here, I forgot the Seville differed considerably from the Eldorado from '98 onward. :unsure:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

You know, I never understood that, Warren. Cadillac should have upgraded the Elodrado interior in '98 along with the Seville. They always had the same interior before. The real choice was just 2 doors or 4.

Charles

You know, I never understood that, Warren. Cadillac should have upgraded the Elodrado interior in '98 along with the Seville. They always had the same interior before. The real choice was just 2 doors or 4.

Cadillac changed the Eldorado interior in '96, I believe.

I once referred to my Eldorado as a two-door Seville here. Caused a bit of confusion. :lol:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived