CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

caddy flower cars

NORM

:rolleyes: I am thinking about purchasing a 1980 caddy flower car, and would like to know how hard it would be to convert it into a EL CAmino, any one out there who has done this, if so, i could sure use some help and advise,,,ps pardeon my typing, i am not used to this, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,respectfully,,,norm

a flower car already has a flat area behind the cabin to hold flowers yes? How do you mean convert it to an elcamino? do you mean replace the flat area with a pickup truck type bed?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

a flower car already has a flat area behind the cabin to hold flowers yes? How do you mean convert it to an elcamino? do you mean replace the flat area with a pickup truck type bed?

BRUCE.........THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY.. THE FLOWER CAR HAS A STAINLESS STEEL BOX, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS UNDER THE BOX, I WOULD LIKE IT TO LOOK LIKE AN EL CAMINO IS IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL A EL CAMINO BED IN PLACE OF THE STAINLESS BOX???? RESPECTFULLY NORM

Are you looking at a particular car that you can post photos of, Norm? I would not be surprised if most conversions have a pickup bed then some sort of flower platform in the bed, so it may be very simple.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I don't believe that any extended wheelbase professional car chassised flower cars were manufactured on a Cadillac (or for that matter, any chassis) during the 1980 model year. Flower cars were typically manufactured in low numbers on the same platform as hearses, by the major professional car manufacturers. Flower cars were always a rare breed even in the best of times, but were discontinued when Cadillac downsized in 1977. A reference guide that I have indicates that it was 1981 before any of the major professional car builders attempted another flower car. However, some of the smaller builders (McLain of Anderson, IN and Wolfington Body of Exton, PA,) created low dollar flower cars out of regular Cadillac Coupe DeVilles on standard wheelbases throughout the late '70's and beyond. I wouldn't imagine there would be too much difficulty stripping the rear stainless out of the back of one of these if you wanted to convert it into an "El Camino."

I don't believe that any extended wheelbase professional car chassised flower cars were manufactured on a Cadillac (or for that matter, any chassis) during the 1980 model year. Flower cars were typically manufactured in low numbers on the same platform as hearses, by the major professional car manufacturers. Flower cars were always a rare breed even in the best of times, but were discontinued when Cadillac downsized in 1977. A reference guide that I have indicates that it was 1981 before any of the major professional car builders attempted another flower car. However, some of the smaller builders (McLain of Anderson, IN and Wolfington Body of Exton, PA,) created low dollar flower cars out of regular Cadillac Coupe DeVilles on standard wheelbases throughout the late '70's and beyond. I wouldn't imagine there would be too much difficulty stripping the rear stainless out of the back of one of these if you wanted to convert it into an "El Camino."

terrylange..the flower car that i want to purchase is in portland oregon,, i live in new jersey,, the pictures that i looked at showed the lower rear door cutout of a fleetwood, and it is a 1980 model according to the grill and sale add, it cant be a coupe de ville, it would be nice if i could see the car and inspect it in person, which is why i am on the forum to try and get some idea on what i am up against before i buy the car :blink:

NORM...Check out this site for Caddy prof. cars:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/dbas_txt/indx2001.htm

sonjaab :D thank for your reply,,,,,i allready checked this site out and have 2 requests for information on it,,,,,,,,respectfully norm

:blink:

Here's a Flower Car on eBay.

:blink: thanks but no thanks, the 1980 i am looking at is in mint condition, 100% correct, and has only 29000 miles on it, i don't want anybody elses mistakes, i am trying not to make any of my own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,respectfully norm

Archived