CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ranger's 2003 DHS

Ranger picked up his 2003 DHS from Waxahatchie, Texas, south of Dallas Friday. mtflight put him up for the night in Plano, then he was headed back to Illinois on Saturday.

Luckily, since mtflight lives here in Plano, we were all able to get together for dinner Friday night:

IPB Image

Ranger's 2003 DHS looks great in person. Looks new, smells new, certified used car warranty. According to Ranger he never shoulda been in an SLS at all; the DHS has such a better ride.

IPB Image

We had steaks and spent 3 hours over dinner and car talk. A very nice evening out, and good to meet people in person as well as on the forum.

Ranger should have good test drive info for us after his 14 hour drive home.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Very nice looking car, I wish him good luck with it. Ranger appears to be a tall guy, I am sure the Deville is more comfortable for him.

I like the cycling picture feature.

Its nice that you guys got to meet, I have always thought that it would be interesting for caddyinfo to have a get together some day.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Very nice looking car, I wish him good luck with it. Ranger appears to be a tall guy, I am sure the Deville is more comfortable for him.

I like the cycling picture feature.

Its nice that you guys got to meet, I have always thought that it would be interesting for caddyinfo to have a get together some day.

Mike, he's staying on a cement block. :lol:

Ranger, that's a very nice Caddy. White Diamond is my favorite.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Well I made it.

Took the car for a short test drive when I got to the dealer and all was well. After finishing paper work, I was about to leave and fired her up only to be met with a "Check Coolant Level" message. Had to get the salesman back out so he could get it topped off. He was a bit embarrased (rightfully so). So much for the 120 point certification check. :rolleyes: Other than that, all went well and the car is showroom perfect.

As Bruce said mtflight was gracious enough to offer me a place to stay. Bruce meet us for a great Texas steak dinner, good conversation (all cars), and an excellant martini I might add. In the morning mtflight and I had breakfast and I was off. Leaving Plano Tx. (just north of Dallas) at about 0850 I put Texas and it's 97 degree heat behind me rather quickly. Stopped in Muskogee Ok. for some $2.59 gas. Oklahoma speed limit was 70 (which means 75 to me) except for a short stint on the turnpike in the northeast corner where it was 75 (80). I put Oklahoma behind me at 1400 as I crossed the border into Missouri. Reached St.Louis by 1800 at which time I made another fuel ($2.75 this time) & food stop. Crossed the Mississippi at 1830 and put another state behind me, again at 75 mph. I was planning on spending the night somwhere, but once on home turf (and still too early to go to bed) I decided to "make a run for the border", (Woodstock is only 20 miles south of the Wisconsin state line). Ill. speed limit is 65 so I backed down to 70. Passed under a thunderstorm in Southern Ill and put the rain sensor to the test. The intermitent function is rather useless, as the rain sensor will override it. After that I watched a deer come within a few inches of it's life as it dashed cross 3 southbound lanes of Ill 55, the median and then the 3 North bound lanes at an all out run. Poor guy in the red van ahead never seen it coming. I suspect he may have wet his pants as I'm sure all he saw was a blur as it passed infront of him because he barely tapped the brakes. Once the sun set, I think I cleared Ill. of about 50% of it's insect population, as they are pasted all over the front of my car :angry: . Got home at 2300, just in time for a well earned martini :D

Here are the stats.

Fuel used - 36 Gallons

Avg. MPG - 26.3 (per the onboard computer, 25.8 by my calculation)

Avg Cruising speed - 70

Distance - 930 Miles

Total running time 13:55

Speak up, Larry! Tell us about the shake down cruise in the DHS.

Hope you were able to avoid the tax collectors around Effingham.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Speak up, Larry! Tell us about the shake down cruise in the DHS.

Hope you were able to avoid the tax collectors around Effingham.

Well I tried, but the salesman was a wimp. Look like I"m gonna have to pay up when I register her.

Well I guess if I showed up with ol' baby, I'd be lucky to get a veggie burger! :D:D:D

Seriously though, it's a pleasure to see such comradeship; mtflight certainly went the extra mile putting up with , er, I mean putting up Ranger. Then Ranger went craploads of extra miles on the trip home.

Dunno why, but there seems to be a lot of that on this site. Keeps me commin' back.

On another note, I don't understand how folk can purchase a car at such a distance. The mere thought unsettles my bowels. I need to touch it and be touched by it; fondle it and be . . . . well, never mind.

I'm looking for a newer Eldorado and I've noticed them selling for considerably less in the Florida area (eBay) than here in the NYMA. Sure would like to land one of those babies. I guess I need a lesson in courage.

I'll work on it.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Glad Ranger had a safe trip home; sounds like it was a good familiarity run with the new DHS.

Yes, I think anytime you fly in to buy a car you are rolling the dice, but if the car was not what he planned after he got here worst case he was stuck shopping Cadillacs here in a large market, or just flying home.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well I made it.

Took the car for a short test drive when I got to the dealer and all was well. After finishing paper work, I was about to leave and fired her up only to be met with a "Check Coolant Level" message. Had to get the salesman back out so he could get it topped off. He was a bit embarrased (rightfully so). So much for the 120 point certification check. :rolleyes: Other than that, all went well and the car is showroom perfect.

As Bruce said mtflight was gracious enough to offer me a place to stay. Bruce meet us for a great Texas steak dinner, good conversation (all cars), and an excellant martini I might add. In the morning mtflight and I had breakfast and I was off. Leaving Plano Tx. (just north of Dallas) at about 0850 I put Texas and it's 97 degree heat behind me rather quickly. Stopped in Muskogee Ok. for some $2.59 gas. Oklahoma speed limit was 70 (which means 75 to me) except for a short stint on the turnpike in the northeast corner where it was 75 (80). I put Oklahoma behind me at 1400 as I crossed the border into Missouri. Reached St.Louis by 1800 at which time I made another fuel ($2.75 this time) & food stop. Crossed the Mississippi at 1830 and put another state behind me, again at 75 mph. I was planning on spending the night somwhere, but once on home turf (and still too early to go to bed) I decided to "make a run for the border", (Woodstock is only 20 miles south of the Wisconsin state line). Ill. speed limit is 65 so I backed down to 70. Passed under a thunderstorm in Southern Ill and put the rain sensor to the test. The intermitent function is rather useless, as the rain sensor will override it. After that I watched a deer come within a few inches of it's life as it dashed cross 3 southbound lanes of Ill 55, the median and then the 3 North bound lanes at an all out run. Poor guy in the red van ahead never seen it coming. I suspect he may have wet his pants as I'm sure all he saw was a blur as it passed infront of him because he barely tapped the brakes. Once the sun set, I think I cleared Ill. of about 50% of it's insect population, as they are pasted all over the front of my car :angry: . Got home at 2300, just in time for a well earned martini :D

Here are the stats.

Fuel used - 36 Gallons

Avg. MPG - 26.3 (per the onboard computer, 25.8 by my calculation)

Avg Cruising speed - 70

Distance - 930 Miles

Total running time 13:55

Glad to see you got back safe and with a new lady to boot. BTW thanks for killing the bugs. I hate mosquitos.

IPB Image

Warren,

The two times I did it, they were dealers and all I gave them was about $120 via credit card to hold it. In both cases the cars where low miles (13K & 17K) and GM certified. I spoke to the salesman on both cases, saw pics and asked many questions. I was also told that I could refuse it and get a refund if I changed my mind after seeing it.

Bruce,

Familiarity run is putting it mildly. I think we can be considered intimate now.

Adallak,

The level was "just" low enough to trigger the warning. They did not add very much. I will bring it up a little more than they did. Kind of made me wonder where it went in the first place but had no problems with it enroute. Will check it tomorrow.

Warren,

The two times I did it, they were dealers and all I gave them was about $120 via credit card to hold it. In both cases the cars where low miles (13K & 17K) and GM certified. I spoke to the salesman on both cases, saw pics and asked many questions. I was also told that I could refuse it and get a refund if I changed my mind after seeing it.

Well, maybe a "bump" in my courage profile. :P

I'll continue looking.

Thanks Ranger,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Well, maybe a "bump" in my courage profile. :P

I'll continue looking.

Thanks Ranger,

Warren

Waren: I may be repeating myself here?

If you have to touch and feel a newer Eldo, Southwest Airlines can get you from Islip to Fort Myers, FL. It will not be a direct flight, but it is also not an expensive ride.

Within two or three days of cruising the high-end new car dealers in Naples, I would bet you could find a suitable trade-in Eldo. And, have some fun in the Naples seafood resturants in the package.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Adallak,

The level was "just" low enough to trigger the warning. They did not add very much. I will bring it up a little more than they did. Kind of made me wonder where it went in the first place but had no problems with it enroute. Will check it tomorrow.

Could be a loose hose connection or something. Probably she (what's her name BTW?) lost that small volume of coolant after 17.000 miles.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Adallak,

No name yet. Been kinda of calling her the White Tornado but I am open to suggestions.

Warren,

What are you looking for? My daughter is selling her '99 SLS with 40K on it if you are interested, so she can buy Ruby.

Warren,

What are you looking for? My daughter is selling her '99 SLS with 40K on it if you are interested, so she can buy Ruby.

Thanks for keeping me in mind; a '99 SLS with 40K sounds pretty good, but any SLS or STS I purchase will only have two doors! :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Waren: I may be repeating myself here?

If you have to touch and feel a newer Eldo, Southwest Airlines can get you from Islip to Fort Myers, FL. It will not be a direct flight, but it is also not an expensive ride.

Ah, you know about our little airport here, do you? Where exactly are you from and would you have any special knowledge about SWA?

Regards,

Warren :)

Posted Image

No special knowledge of SWA but a big fan of Herb K. I lived in the Dallas area from 1976 to 1999 and was a passenger sometimes as often as 4 to 6 times a week.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Warren,

Thanks for keeping me in mind; a '99 SLS with 40K sounds pretty good, but any SLS or STS I purchase will only have two doors! :)

Regards,

Warren

I'd be happy to remove two of them for you. :lol:

Warren,

Regards,

Warren

I'd be happy to remove to of them for you. :lol:

Well, you are simply just too kind . . . . :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived