CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AUX input on new GM Bose radio

cman1

I am new to the Caddy world - just bought a 2006 STS. Car is great, but i have already found a very frustrating item that i'm hoping someone can help me with here

I have an iPod - as many people do these days - that i use for listening to all my recorded music as well as books on tape. I have been trying to figure out how i can direct connect the output from the iPod to the Bose stereo in my STS.

From what i can tell, it doesnt look like it is possible.

This is pretty amazing to me as when i called GM to talk to them about it, they said the Radios in the new caddy's are a brand new model and that they dont have AUX input capability. It also looks like there are no after market harnesses yet for it.

I just cant believe that GM has a NEW model radio without this feature. And people wonder why they are going out of business! DOnt get me wrong, i love the STS, but this company is just a little stupid at times. IMO

Anyway, i tried a wireless FM transmitter, which sounds pretty bad. I was thinking of going to a hard wired FM transmitter into the antenna plug, but am also concerned that that may not be an option either as you need an adapter for it and i cant find one that says it will work with this new radio.

The Bose setup in the car sounds really great and i dont want to install a different system for it as i would have to replace it plus all the speakers as bose automotive speakers are now powered speakers and wont work with other decks as far as i can tell

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Carl

Not that i can see or find on this model

Evidentally there is one on the Surround sound unit that comes with the navigation system. I have the middle upgrade wiith the six CD changer.

where did you get your reference? Would like to see myself - maybe Im missing something. I hope

thank you for your help though

My references suggest there is an audio input jack in the center console on the 2006 STS and DTS. Can you check in there and see what you find?

http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2005/ca...ts/feature.html

Other features add even more value, such as the inclusion of OnStar and its bevy of concierge and emergency services as standard, and -- a small but significant touch -- the placement of RCA-style audio inputs in the center console. Finally, you don't have to buy Honda Motor's Element if you want to plug your Apple Computer iPod directly into the audio system.

My impression is they may mean the center console between the seats, not the center console in the dash?

You have an STS, however the 2006 DTS notes this:

All-new radio offering

The DTS is one of the first vehicles to showcase GM's new, easy-to-operate radio application. Base and uplevel stereo radio offerings (AM/FM/XM Satellite Radio compatible) incorporate a number of useful audio entertainment features, including:

An auxiliary audio jack located in the front lower right corner of the radio control head, which enables “plug and play” connection of any and all auxiliary audio players (e.g. Apple iPod or Rio MP3 portable units) through the sound system

http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/product...Technology.html

Unfortunately the Forbes article is incorrect, unless you buy the surround sound Bose system for an aditional $2k or so. My bad, should have looked closer, just always assumed it wouldnt be a problem to get an aftermarket harness that would accomodate AUX input

thanks for the help

http://www.forbesautos.com/reviews/2005/ca...ts/feature.html

Other features add even more value, such as the inclusion of OnStar and its bevy of concierge and emergency services as standard, and -- a small but significant touch -- the placement of RCA-style audio inputs in the center console. Finally, you don't have to buy Honda Motor's Element if you want to plug your Apple Computer iPod directly into the audio system.

My impression is they may mean the center console between the seats, not the center console in the dash?

You have an STS, however the 2006 DTS notes this:

All-new radio offering

The DTS is one of the first vehicles to showcase GM's new, easy-to-operate radio application. Base and uplevel stereo radio offerings (AM/FM/XM Satellite Radio compatible) incorporate a number of useful audio entertainment features, including:

An auxiliary audio jack located in the front lower right corner of the radio control head, which enables “plug and play” connection of any and all auxiliary audio players (e.g. Apple iPod or Rio MP3 portable units) through the sound system

http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/product...Technology.html

Does your car have bluetooth? I see there is a ipod bluetooth adapter, although the gadget costs $250 which seems expensive. It does provide a wireless high-fidelity solution if you have bluetooth though.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

No bluetooth - thats on the $2k surround sound option only

thanks

Does your car have bluetooth? I see there is a ipod bluetooth adapter, although the gadget costs $250 which seems expensive. It does provide a wireless high-fidelity solution if you have bluetooth though.

http://www.radiosandmore.com does plan to carry an IPOD adapter for the 2006 STS, but they responded by email that the STS adapter is on backlog. The adapter they carry for the CTS/SRX is $175, for ballpark pricing. Cadillacfaq.com has a write-up on how to install the CTS one.

You might consider contacting radiosandmore.com and ask them to alert you when they have inventory.

Archived