CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 CTS K&N Aircharger

JasonA

Took a couple of days to process the order, then it went to K&N to wait, but last night I got a note that it had shipped. So I suspect it will be here by the weekend of 3/4 April.

If there is a CAI available for the 3.6L CTS as well though, I am going to try to get one here and do a 3-way dyno comparison. My (wishful thinking?) scheme: Keith Craft Motorsport is nearby with their dynojet, and hopefully I can get Darrell to bring his luxury/sport CTS 3.6L and we'll get good baseline info from 2 cars, then the K&N Aircharger, and the Volante? CAI kit.

Otherwise I still plan to test on the road using the AP-22, doing 2 runs stock, 2 runs with the K&N Aircharger.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Tried to get out ahead of the rain on Sunday for air box testing, but was already too wet and the CTS just fishtailed on launch.

Here is the K&N Aircharger hardware ready to go into the car for testing:

knairchargertable.jpg

Bruce

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, i'm sure this is an old post, but it's a post that I became a member for, just so that I can ask a few questions.

For starters, Bruce, could you explain to me what differences, without the techno mumbo jumbo the K&N did for your CTS?

Secondly, I hear crud about this "Tornado" air swirler thing...you think its worthwhile at all? Turbonator.com features it, could you buy one (it's like $70.00 for one) and test it out, with and without your K&N?

I'd very much appreciate it, or if at all, just give some basic feedback?

The K&N removes some restriction in the incoming air flow by removing bends in the incoming air flow path and by providing filtering material with a higher flow rate. The K&N is much louder than the stock intake.

http://www.caddyinfo.com/ctsairbox.htm is my CTS K&N testing page.

As an opposing view, testing by Cadillac engineers showed a K&N filter added less than 5 hp gain on a Northstar.

Products that claim to add "swirl" to the intake by placing an obstruction in the incoming air flow have not been shown in the objective tests I have seen to be of any benefit.

Bruce

Archived