CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Looking for Go Karting in the Motor City!

Good day all,

Well it's time for a little road trip up to

Brooklyn Mi for the Nascar Races on Saturday & Sunday.

My son and I are always in search of a good go-cart track.

We are looking for some place within about an hour and

a half of Booklyn Mi. I know this puts us about an hour and

a half from Detoit.

Any good Caddy Info locals to let me in on their favorite spot

to cart race?

By the way, where is that frapper map so I can call you by name?

thanks in advance,

jim

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that Flatrock has some karting, for all ages and sizes and shapes... but the best track in michigan for carting (or motorcycles!) is over near Grand Rapids, which is probably 2 hours for you. It's Grattan Raceway. It is sweet, off camber corners, a hairpin, and over a 1/4 mile olong straight away! Another good track is Gingerman Raceway... it's near Grand Haven, or just west of Kalamazoo... again about two hours from you. Grattan is worth the drive if you want to go on a "real" track. They used to have a road course at MIS they used to run carts on... but that was MANY years ago!

I believe that Flatrock has some karting, for all ages and sizes and shapes... but the best track in michigan for carting (or motorcycles!) is over near Grand Rapids, which is probably 2 hours for you. It's Grattan Raceway. It is sweet, off camber corners, a hairpin, and over a 1/4 mile olong straight away! Another good track is Gingerman Raceway... it's near Grand Haven, or just west of Kalamazoo... again about two hours from you. Grattan is worth the drive if you want to go on a "real" track. They used to have a road course at MIS they used to run carts on... but that was MANY years ago!

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

We went to two small kart tracks and had a lot of fun.

I will be going back up to MIS for the IRL race at the

end of July, so we will definitely look into the places you

mentioned.

Thanks for the heads up...

jim

Archived