CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Posting Pictures

I've been experimenting with photobucket.com seems they have a system where you can sign up for free, post pics into albums and then they will even generate an HTML code that you can use by copy/paste which will call the image from the photobucket.com site and bring it into the site where you are posting. Seems to work well. I would encourage anyone here at the caddyinfo.com site wants to post pics to use photobucket.com instead of the posting facility here since you can post a larger image and it doesn't use up the the hard drive space that caddyinfo.com pays for.

http://www.photobucket.com

For the free accounts, album size can be a total of 1 gig, video clips that will run for 3 minutes, monthly bandwidth is limited to 10 gig and image size is limited to 1mb.

For $25/year, premium account, there is no limit on bandwidth use, video clips that will run for 5 minutes, album size is upped to 5 gigs and image size is upped to 2mb.

I think photobucket.com is a viable alternative for people who want to post pics at the caddyinfo forum and even with a free account, they get a hefty portion of disk space and bandwidth usage.

Something to think about.

Cheers,

Marika

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Also check with your ISP, many of the offier free webspace now with subcription to their service. I use comcast, and that is how I post my pictures (include the one in my signature) here. I use a free FTP program to upload them, and post the html here.

Photobucket is a great service too. My wife uses it all the time

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I would love to see more photos in posts. Outside photo links are a triple win though, as they don't consume disk space here, they are not limited in size as we need to limit the photos posted here, and they don't count in the board bandwidth limits/cost.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would love to see more photos in posts. Outside photo links are a triple win though, as they don't consume disk space here, they are not limited in size as we need to limit the photos posted here, and they don't count in the board bandwidth limits/cost.

I think it would be a great boost for this site if everyone used photobucket.com to post their pics into this forum. Would certainly help Bruce as well when he pays the bills.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I setup an account on photobucket, and was able to immediately post a picture. They help you by providing links to display the photo, or to a tag or a link.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/cad...os/IMAG0189.jpg

for example is a photo of my CTS Corsa system before it went on the CTS,

and

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/cad...os/IMAG0190.jpg

is an "after" view.

Using something called Bucket show, this slideshow link:

http://w62.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamic...ddyinfo_photos/

The only thing I don't see is that they don't offer pre-scaled image versions. And the gadget here on the board does not remember scaling well. So you basically have to scale the image to the size you want it to be then put it on photobucket. I do see they offer thumbnails though if you click the box under an image then choose "generate html", which seems very good:

IPB Image

Bruce

In the case of scaling, if you submit an image that's larger than what they allow for your account, they automatically scale the image down to the size allowed.

To generate HTML tags do the following:

First upload the image. Once you get to the image page you will see this:

IPB Image

You will place a check mark in the box for the image you want to generate the code for, then click Generate code.

Then you will see this:

IPB Image

which will allow you to view various styles of HTML code, pick the one you want, copy/paste it into your message and you're done.

Use either Image thumbnails for message boards or the straight image for message boards style.

I've been using Photobucket for some time now and find it *very* useful. It's kinda neat to be able to sit at any web connected computer and show a friend photos of your latest bathtub remodel job etc. :D

You should be careful, however, about uploading large photos for use here. A panoramic view of your Cadillac can make this page very wide! Bummer. Resize it before you upload it to Photobucket.

Also, when you link to a Very Large Picture (VLP), you might consider indicating its size (parenthetically perhaps?) for the benefit of bandwidth limited members.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 2 years later...

On photobucket look for the "image code" option:

I put this in code brackets so you can see it, but

[IMG=http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h115/caddyinfo_photos/IMG0001.jpg]

turns into this:

IMG0001.jpg

Bruce

• 2 years later...

I must say Photobucket has been a great site since it came out, I have hundreds of pics on the site, and post most every pic on every forum from there. It is cool because you can select all the photos you want to post and generate a code for all of them at once

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile