CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cascading Cadillac Trivia

Cascading trivia RULES: Here is a trivia question. if you can answer the trivia question, post your answer as a reply to my post, and also post a new trivia question for others to ponder in the same reply.

Question 1) In what year did Cadillac claim that owning a Cadillac was "...an integral part of the good life. For some... the fulfillment of a promise they made to themselves long ago."

I particularly like this quote, as it reminds me of something my late Mother said -- "Your Father and I bought a Cadillac as soon as we could afford one."

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Cascading trivia RULES: Here is a trivia question. if you can answer the trivia question, post your answer as a reply to my post, and also post a new trivia question for others to ponder in the same reply.

Question 1) In what year did Cadillac claim that owning a Cadillac was "...an integral part of the good life. For some... the fulfillment of a promise they made to themselves long ago."

I particularly like this quote, as it reminds me of something my late Mother said -- "Your Father and I bought a Cadillac as soon as we could afford one."

Next Question:

Most know that Elvis bought a pink Cadillac. What year and only year did Cadillac actually have a factory pink color and what was its official name?

1969, and it was called Wisteria.

Next question:

BMWs now use a variable lift intake valve design instead of a throttle plate. Cadillac actually used this long ago, during a 5 year span. What years?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

A variable valve lift intake system was introduced by Cadillac in 1902 and was used until 1907 when they stopped due to patent royalty issues.

Next Question (a little more modern)

In 1990, what was the only other car manufacturer, other than Cadillac, in the world that used V8 Engines exclusively in all of its models.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Well, Rolls-Royce only used V8's in 1990. I am suprised that there are not some niche manufacturers that also only had V8's, but Ferrari for example like to put V12s in as well. The larger manufacturers all have smaller cars available with 4s or 6s as well as their V8s. So perhaps it was only Cadillac and Rolls-Royce/Bentley. I'll wait for a OnyxSTS confirmation before posting the next question just in case though.

Bruce

That is correct... and was documented by GM in its brochures.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Okay, here's an easy one:

The STS, DTS, CTS, and SRX are currently produced at the state of the art Cadillac factory at Lansing Grand River in Michigan. Where are the following Cadillac vehicles produced?

1. Escalade Base Model
  2. Escalade ESV, EXT
  3. XLR
  4. BLS

Bruce

Bowling Green?

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Bowling Green?

Partially right; 3. XLR = Bowling Green, Kentuky, where the Corvettes are assembled. I think literally speaking it is a different line within the factory, but at that factory.

Hint: The models as numbered are each produced at a different factory (The ESV/EXT are from the same location):

1. Escalade Base Model
  2. Escalade ESV, EXT
  3. XLR = Bowling Green, Kentuky
  4. BLS

Bruce

Ah ha. Now I understand the question. You want all locations for each. Can't help ye there. I thought all were made at Bowling.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Yes, that's the set of factories I was looking for JimD. Please post the next question at your convenience.

Bruce

Three part Q regarding electric starters:

1. What brand of car first installed an electric starter on a mass produced engine?

2. What year was the first year of production?

3. The last name of the person that held the electric starter patent?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Trackmaster.

What respective years were the following Cadillac features first offered?

Twilight Sentinel

Illuminated Entry System

Guidematic-Auto Headlamp Dimming

Automatic Climate Control

Max

Twilight Sentinel in 1964.

"Comfort Control" which is similar to Automatic Climate control came in 64 also.

Autronic eye system in 1952, Guidematic in 1959

Not sure on Illuminated Entry System yet...

Bruce

I'm gonna guess 1976 was the first year for Illuminated Entry System. My reference shows it an option that year but not in 74 or 75. Can I get a confirmation on which of those 4 answers hit the mark?

Bruce

Archived