CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Coolant loss

Spurlee

well, based on what i've read, it seems that i was spot on: the coolant system was fine. it was the sensors that were bad. as far as the cost is concerned, use the "bruce rule": take the number of months that you have owned your car, divide that number into the amount of money spent for maintenance and you might be surprised as to how much less that number is, versus a car payment. as long as you're a "buy and hold em" type, it's probably a number you can live with.

the best part though: it sounds like you found a dealership you can trust. that's alot of insurance, in my book.

jackg 90seville

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, based on what i've read, it seems that i was spot on: the coolant system was fine. it was the sensors that were bad. as far as the cost is concerned, use the "bruce rule": take the number of months that you have owned your car, divide that number into the amount of money spent for maintenance and you might be surprised as to how much less that number is, versus a car payment. as long as you're a "buy and hold em" type, it's probably a number you can live with.

the best part though: it sounds like you found a dealership you can trust. that's alot of insurance, in my book.

jackg 90seville

I like this dealership, I'm going to stick with them. Their mechanics are also "older" men which tells me, they are very familiar with "older" technology.

Now, my only thoughts are, should I just leave Circle Brake alone or sue them for all the money I've given them in the past for all their misdiagnosing and charging me a MASSIVE fortune of money because of it?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived