CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Turbocharged

MARK 99STS

• 3 months later...

After a few months, how do you feel about the car? Does the cooling system handle everything OK? Are the brakes and handling up to the higher engine performance? Has your gas mileage changed?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few months, how do you feel about the car? Does the cooling system handle everything OK? Are the brakes and handling up to the higher engine performance? Has your gas mileage changed?

The car is running fine. Cooling system and brakes are fine. I took it to the dyno once and got 383 at the wheels and 416 torque. I am currently working on a manual shift controller so I can shift it earlier as it dosen't shift until well in the red. I'll keep everyone posted.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Manually selectable rigged to paddles on the steering wheel would be fun. I can see how to send a signal to shift, but will there be a problem with the PCM shifting back to where it wants. Maybe not, as it would not anticipate the problem.

Is is shifting in the red now because of the other mods or why?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived