CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Vogue Tires

jndnaps

Just wondering how many of you here have Vogue tires on your caddy? What do you do to clean them? They seem to get so much more dirty than a regular white wall tire. I have a heck of a time Keeping them clean.. What do you all use to clean them and what is the easiest way to clean them. I was gonna get a couple of sets of shields to keep the brake dust down but was told they won't let the brakes cool as much and they'll warp the rotors.. I'm gonna make sure on my next brake job to go with the ceramic brake shoes.. The tires look awesome on my DeVille but they're just to much to keep clean.. :blink:

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Try Wesley's Bleche-White. You spray it on and let it sit about a minute, then hose it off, per the directions. I found I got better results by brushing the tire before hosing it off. Best whitewall cleaner I ever came across. It's sold at all the major auto parts stores.

Charles

Charles

I was gonna buy that stuff the other day.. I'll have to give it a try. I gotta clean those darn tires like every three days.. I was using some purple power and a brush but that didn't work good. Then I tried the brillo pad and that didn't work good either.. I even used a small wire brush with the purple power.. Wesley's Bleche-White here I come..

Does anyone out there use the shields to keep the brake dust down? If so, any problems with warping the rotors? Thanks, John

I was gonna buy that stuff the other day.. I'll have to give it a try. I gotta clean those darn tires like every three days.. I was using some purple power and a brush but that didn't work good. Then I tried the brillo pad and that didn't work good either.. I even used a small wire brush with the purple power.. Wesley's Bleche-White here I come..

Does anyone out there use the shields to keep the brake dust down? If so, any problems with warping the rotors? Thanks, John

Yes, I remember a guy with Deville and Vogues. I even asked him how he had managed to keep the tires clean. He used dustcaps.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Yes, I remember a guy with Deville and Vogues. I even asked him how he had managed to keep the tires clean. He used dustcaps.

I found that the best thingto do it spray the tire with water, and then spray the bleach-white on it, and immediately scrub the tire with a brush off of the can carpet cleaner, then immediatel;y wash, if you use a stiff or wire brush you will damage the white or gold stripe.

Just wondering how many of you here have Vogue tires on your caddy? What do you do to clean them? They seem to get so much more dirty than a regular white wall tire. I have a heck of a time Keeping them clean.. What do you all use to clean them and what is the easiest way to clean them. I was gonna get a couple of sets of shields to keep the brake dust down but was told they won't let the brakes cool as much and they'll warp the rotors.. I'm gonna make sure on my next brake job to go with the ceramic brake shoes.. The tires look awesome on my DeVille but they're just to much to keep clean.. :blink:

Been down this road many times. Easiest, cheapest, quickest way I found was to use regular old SOS pads from the grocery store. The steel wool/soap combo they have worked everytime. The only downside is you have to be willing to scrub a little. Worked like a charm for me. Good luck.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Thanks for the info.. I'm gonna get a set of brake dust shields.. And probably get the ceramic pads put on too. These tires are a *smurf* to keep clean. I did use a small wire brush to clean them and did go through a little near the rim.. :blink:

Whatever you do, do it lightly. You CAN go through that whitewall and black will appear. So go easy.

cheers,

~Doc

Yes; I have the Vogue tyres (not "tires" :rolleyes: ) with the yellow stripe, and yes, they are a pain in the butt to clean, and yes, the Bleche White is what I use and it works great; And YES, the yellow and the white areas are really sensitive to being scrubbed right off.

"My worst day riding, is better than my best day working."

I got that Wesley's Bleche-White and it worked great.. But I did have to use a soft brush. And they weren't all that dirty.. But they cleaned right up. One tire won't clean as good though.. I think it may have been painted with that white wall paint..

Jim, Thanks, It didn't stain the wheels but I did wet the wheels down first in case..

bigmutt, I used a wire brush on them a bunch of times and just finally gone through a little on one.. So their not all that sensitive.. And I scrubbed them like crazy.. But I won't use the wire brush again..

And I know they're spelled "Tyres" but, where I come from, A tire is spelled TIRE! :blink:

They look so good cleaned up.. :D [attachmentid=2368]

post-235-1142004322.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I have the Vogue Custom Gold Script/ Stripe tires. I always use Westley Bleche White on my car tires whitewalls and black walls. Usually I spray and then use a scrub brush. Rinse with hose or if at a car wash the high pressure sprayer. It really gets the brake dust off of all kinds of tires.

:) Dennis

I have the Vogue Custom Gold Script/ Stripe tires. I always use Westley Bleche White on my car tires whitewalls and black walls. Usually I spray and then use a scrub brush. Rinse with hose or if at a car wash the high pressure sprayer. It really gets the brake dust off of all kinds of tires.

:) Dennis

Thats just how I cleaned mine !

Michael- :)

I don't have Vogue TIRES, but I still use the Westleys product. I started using it when I had white letter tires on my old car. I've got nothing but blackwalls now, but this STILL cleans them real well, regardless of white stripes or not. Especially if you use a tire dressing product, I'd be sure to use Westleys everytime you wash the car, just to keep the tires clean and to keep the rubber dressing from building up on the sidewalls.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 4 years later...

Just a update, Vogue Rep told me not to use any product that contained bleach on their tires. He said its safe to use pretty much any tire cleaner on them but stay away from any products with bleach. He wasnt trying to sell me their expensive Vogue Tyre cleaner either, he just said products with bleach will cause the tires to crack. I dont have to worry about cleaning mines too much considering I opted for Gold Stripes.

BaskPass-1.jpg?t=1287792660

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

• 5 years later...

I get my tires bright white with shout it out spray in the laundry detergent Isle for about $5.00. Than i bought the vouge tyre cleaner off amazon 2 for$ 35.00. Kinda pricey so thats why i buy the shout spray and spray it first with that to loosen up the dirt and dust. Than quick spray with the vouge cleaner and one LIGHT scrub with a s.o.s. pad (you don't have to scrub really at all) just loosen it . Rinse with water and they look brand spanking new..

Back when it was Westley's Bleche White, it DID NOT have bleach in it. Now it is made by Black Magic, and doesn't work well at all. Prob. a liability/environmental/safety issue. Still doesn't have bleach in it.

Lots of good tire cleaning products out there today. I like "Tuff Stuff" in a trigger spray and a Nylon bristle brush. 

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived