CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cabin Air Filter

Ranger

CaddyChris,

Nothing really. These were Wix filters vs AC Delco. They seemed to slid together a bit easier. Plus they were new and not slightly deformed which may have made it easier. They were still somewhat of a PITA though.

Thu,

Correct, three filters stacked virtically that interlock with each other. In this link you can see them interlocked into one unit as they will be after instalation.

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/Par....asp?Part=24874

Ranger

Cool beans. Glad you got that one tackled. Did you lay on your back, and put your right hand under the throttle pedal, to get the filters in? Everybody reads the horror of how bad other folks have had it, and get intimidated, even before they start. As you found out, it really isn't that hard. Congrats on your new ride. I know you will love yours, as much as I love mine.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

No Don, I didn't do it on my back. I knelt at the drivers door, reached in and did it with my left hand (not enough room to get two hands in there. Tough but doable.

I absolutely love the car.

• 1 month later...

'98,

Where are you in this process? have you found and opened the white plastic trap door?

Is your car Left or Right hand drive? Theoretically RHD cars should be a little easier to do since you don't have the gas (petrol :lol: ) petal in the way...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Picture of Door Click Here

To open the door grab the little handle at the top and it "snaps out" and swings down to remove it ...

This by the way is the easy part... the fun goes down hill fast from here

GOOD LUCK!

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

• 9 years later...

Can someone tell me if a 2001 eldorado has Cabin air filter?

It has the 90s body and interior in it so I am thinking not.

Companies list it and I cannot find a definate answer. If there is I would like to remove it.

Thanks all

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Not sure but... the Sevilles of that era had the three panel filters that were installed near the accelerator pedals - royal SOB to replace... The Sevilles of that era were on a different platform than the Eldorados so my guess is the Eldorado did not have the cabin air filter.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The Eldorado did not have a cabin air filter in that last generation.

thank you. I figured it didnt,

The Seville in 98 had a pretty drastic change in everything body and interiorwise. The Eldo stayed the same from 92-02 other than slight changes

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived