CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service engine soon light

hatanpaa

My 1993 Eldorado TC (102 K miles) has started having the "service engine soon" light on intermittently. Usually it comes on after a few minutes of driving, stays on for a few minutes, goes off, comes back on, etc. Sometimes the light comes on right after I start the car.

I've checked the codes several times and there are never any current codes. There are lots of history codes: P036, P041, P047, P0107, P0137, A037, A046, S044, S055, S060.

The battery is only a year old. I had it checked and it's fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Kevin

P036, P041, P047, P0107, P0137, A037, A046, S044, S055, S060

P036 (E036) ................................. EGR Valve Pintle Position Out of Range

P041 (E041) ................... No Cam Reference Signal from Ignition Control Module

P047 (E047) ................................................. IPC - PCM Data Problem

P107 (E107) .............................................. PCM/BCM Data Link Problem

P137 (E137) ............................. Loss of TCS (traction control system) Data

A037 ......................................... Loss of Instrument Panel Cluster Data

A046 ........................................................ Low Refrigerant Charge

S044 ..................................................... Lift or Dive Signal Fault

S055 .......................................... Resistor Module Short to Ground/Open

S061 ............................................. Right Front Position Sensor Fault

The first thing I would do, is clean the battery cable ends paying extra attention to the positive cable. Remove the red insulator and take the two cables apart and clean out the corrosion... Make sure that when the cables are tightened that the cables are indeed tight sometimes the bolt will bottom out before the cables are tight. Once you do that, we can be sure that your problems are not related to intemittant battery connections PLUS some of the history will be erased. The computer does not like dirty battery connections.

Your EGR valve probably needs to be cleaned good and your AC needs to be charged. Check your right front position sensor to see if the connection is clean and that its connected. The positition sensor will look something like #12 below..

post-3-1130105145_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

Archived