CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1996 STS Seville turn signals work sometimes???

llewis

I have a 1996 STS Seville, the turn signals sometimes work and sometimes they won't. It was like when the flasher got hot after the turn signal was on for a while it would guit working and then after it cooled off they would work again. I replaced the flasher and everything was fine for about three weeks then they guit all together. I replaced the flasher with another one and they still wouldn't work at all then this morning they went back to working. I thought maybe moving the steering wheel was makeing a difference but yesterday they wouldn't work at all the this morning with out doing anything they started working again...... any suggestions on how to solve this problem, I want to thank you in advance for any help. You guys are great..... Thanks, Larry Lewis

Larry i spent 2 years chasing this problem on my 96 SLS, along with a lot of other people. The problem is the rear tail light sockets, which have the dual element bulbs in them. The sockets short out inside , take a bulb out and the inside of the socket will be real dark in one or two places. This problem will not get better and changing parts will not fix it. You have to replace the six sockets withthe dual element bulbs in them , their are three on each side of the rear tail lights. The pig tail you need is GM PART NUMBER 15306194, YOU WILL NEED SIX OF THESE. IF you will change these out your problem will go away. YOU should be able to find further info in the archives on this. I know this solution may sound nuts, but it does work.

Larry i spent 2 years chasing this problem on my 96 SLS, along with a lot of other people. The problem is the rear tail light sockets, which have the dual element bulbs in them. The sockets short out inside , take a bulb out and the inside of the socket will be real dark in one or two places. This problem will not get better and changing parts will not fix it. You have to replace the six sockets withthe dual element bulbs in them , their are three on each side of the rear tail lights. The pig tail you need is GM PART NUMBER 15306194, YOU WILL NEED SIX OF THESE. IF you will change these out your problem will go away. YOU should be able to find further info in the archives on this. I know this solution may sound nuts, but it does work.

I remember Logan even posted pictures of burnt sockets. Good guess, Franey.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

It can be....

burnt sockets.

bad flasher black box. Not the silver cylinder....thats the 4 ways. There are 2 different flasher units.

Or...bad turn signal switch inside the steering column.

Archived