CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sunroof relay, control module? 99 seville

CoupeDTS

Ive searched the archives and cant find anything. Got a 99 seville sts. The sunroof can go up and vent and down and back in the headliner. Recently when i hit the button to go up and vent it would just keep trying to go up and sounded like stripping gears. It was offsetting the other gears(chains) for going back in the headliner. So i took the headliner off. Unbolted the motor, runs fine. I can move the gears(chains) kinda back in place so i should get them lined back up. But i noticed when the motor was just hanging unbolted i tested it by hitting the buttons and the motor would stop when the sunroof should be sealed and would stop going back, but when you held it down to vent the sunroof it kept going and going. So it has either timed relays or sensors that tell it to stop at a certain point, probably timed since it was unbolted. I ordered a relay for it and got it in the other day and it looks just like any other automotive relay thats 30$. I wanted the big black box by the motor that clicks. Guess they call that a control module also 30$. I took it apart, looks good, has some ic's in it and a small relay and circuit board. Do you thinks thats the problem why it dont stop or is it supposed to mechanically stop? Ever heard of this?

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

the switch? the physical switch up by the map lights, theres two switches, they work to my knowledge. How would the switch tell the motor when to stop?

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Had exact same problem with our 1999 SLS.

Dealer replaced module under warranty. Work done by outside shop since Headliner had to come part way down.

Technican discovered pinched wire that occured when selling dealer installed Dealer installed Onstar. Seems Mchrophone is in the same area.

Good luck

Charlie

if the switch has an intermittent short the sun roof will keed on going if u hit a bump it will open it wont close correctly it closes then pops up in the back

Archived