CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Piggyback computer installed

MARK 99STS

Ok,

The piggy back computer is installed and so far no codes or "sevice engine" light.

All functions are working. We still have to button up all the wiring and relocate the PCM. The stock PCM fits like a glove between the strut tower and right next to the master cylinder against the firewall. This frees up a huge space in the left front corner for the turbo. We now have to do some datalogging to be able to send stock info to the computer and then make some changes to the MAF to see how well it will work. So far so good.

The module is ready for the traction control which is good timing since we have everything apart under the dash to mount the piggyback computer. We will install the module on Saturday.

I'll ducument the progress with pics and post them either here or on my web site.

Phase 1 of the turbo project is underway! :)

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

If you notice the driver of a white '98 STS, or a white '04 DTS (GA tags) frantically waving at you on I-75, that will be me.

Please pull over so I can shake your hand and take a look at what you are doing and have done.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The piggy back computer is installed and so far no codes or "sevice engine" light.

Phase 1 of the turbo project is underway! :)

Yay! Hope it all goes well. I look forward to updates. Using the piggyback controller hopefully will let you keep all the car funtionality and still modulate fuel/EST as needed.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That is really great news. What kind of turbo system will you be using? If I was gonna set one up, I would consider something like the STS remote mounted system. It will help free up alot of space under the hood, and help keep temperatures down. Keep us posted.

Archived