CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Where is best place online to buy Cadillac parts

llewis

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

For knockoff new crash/body parts/lights http://www.partstrain.com

Funny................looking for parts for a 96 Concours ie: left headlight and grille.

Partstrain .com has them....... NEW grille $131. headlight $112

Went to that car-parts.com and the price for USED and poor condition

was $125 for a grille and $250 for the headlight assy.

(some more, some less).................

Am I missing something????

I do know at Gm parts direct.com the stuff is REAL spendy !!!!!!!!!!!

Is parts train.com for real????....................geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

To answer my own question......They must be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did a search engine for those parts and got 2 responses from Kings

auto parts and A-1 auto parts.................

Both were priced about the same as Partstrain.com.

These must be "knockoff" parts........But at least they are new !

I can't believe the salvage yards want BIG bucks for these used and in

poor condition.................geo

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Where online is the best place to buy Cadillac parts, Thanks

Which ever online site you decide to purchase Cadillac parts from just make sure to call your local dealer and give them a chance to compete for your business. This morning I was on the phone with gmotors.com (Brasington) looking for stabilizer bar bushings (Insulators) and End Links for my 94sts. This is what they quoted me not including tax and shipping: Insulators- $24.64/each and End Links- $74/each. I say OK to Craig and tell him I'll get back with him. I think this is a bit high considering they claim everything is 20% over wholesale.

So I call up my local caddy dealer and get this nice gentleman in the parts department... and he's a rather funny guy too, bonus. So I ask him for a price on the insulators. $30.31/each is his response. Hmmm getting worse but I expected this. So I tell him Thanks and that I usually buy my parts out of state and was just curious to see what the parts were going for locally. All of a sudden "Whoops!... I eh...hehe...I gave you the wrong price. You'll have to excuse me, not sure where my head is...it's early (I laugh along with him) you know." Long story short he quotes me: Insulators-$23.47/each and Endlinks- $70.80/each. Everything should be in tomorrow morning for me to pick up.

Perhaps some will find this story useful the next time parts are needed. I came out ahead twice in this situation. Once for saving money and of course helping the local economy and secondly because Craig at Brasington seemed to be in a less than stellar mood.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I agree with Kger2, your local parts dealer will, most of the time, come down if you just ask. I have gotten to know the local Chevy dealer parts guys by name. I can get new parts for less or same as online dealers and pay no shipping. Most parts come in overnight if they do not have them in stock. I did the same thing with NAPA and now I get a 25% discount of their regular price. Be nice and just ask if that is their best price or if they can do better.

Last week I had to bite the bullet and replace the blower motor and pigtail (2nd time for the pigtail). I tried Cadillac Auto Recycling, www.cadauto.com in CA. They were about $20.00 less than Brasington wanted for new!

But buying them was just half the fun! Installing a blower motor in a Seville is an experience not to be missed! It ranks right up there with root canals and compound leg fractures. (Well almost) :blink:

Anyway The SLS now has a new state of the art blower motor and heat shield. If it lasts for 11 years and 180,000 miles, then it will have been as good as the original!

Take Care!

Britt

Britt

Better watch those knockoff parts!!! Check closely to see where they are coming from i.e. Korea and China. Those parts don't have the rust inhibitors and primers on them like the real thing. Cheap up front, but in a year when the paint is peeling and rust is developing it isn't so cheap. Just my two cents.

Installing a blower motor in a Seville is an experience not to be missed! It ranks right up there with root canals and compound leg fractures. (Well almost) :blink:

Bahahaaaa....had me rolling there Britt. Still working the coffee out of my nasal cavity. :lol:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

How about a Autozone Steering Rack Rebuilt in CHINA?

Charlie

No way, you have seen REBUILT steering racks from China? How the H is this happening? WTF is going on in this country? That to me is about as low as we can go and I don't know what kind of 'financial' benefit there is to this, but if we have dipped so low to send used parts to China for them to rebuild, we are in deep deep trouble.

Not to get into politics, but didn't Clinton and Carter court the Chinese? Carter did this secretly I recently saw on the History Channel.. And for what reason?

SCOTTY...............I needed new bearings for my old GTO.

I went to the discount house....Red Star bearings......Made in china !

Went to a GM wholesaler Genuine Ac/Delco......Stamped made in mexico !

They sure looked and felt cheesy! But if it wasn't for my BABY instead

of one of my "rats" I would of went with the cheapies............

Ended up at NAPA and got NDK brand.........Made in USA !

I thought NDK was a GM offshoot company?

$49 for inner, $29 for outer .

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

I think there is opportunity for american made products. I was just watching TV and saw that our $700 billion trade deficit (25% of that to China) has FINALLY gotten the attention of the US Chamber of Commerce and they very concerned and also concerned with piracy of technology by China...

How about a Autozone Steering Rack Rebuilt in CHINA?

Charlie

No way, you have seen REBUILT steering racks from China? How the H is this happening? WTF is going on in this country? That to me is about as low as we can go and I don't know what kind of 'financial' benefit there is to this, but if we have dipped so low to send used parts to China for them to rebuild, we are in deep deep trouble.

Not to get into politics, but didn't Clinton and Carter court the Chinese? Carter did this secretly I recently saw on the History Channel.. And for what reason?

The Clinton-Gore administration sealed the China Trade deal in 1995... we all pay more in fuel (and lost jobs) than we ever save from having goods made in China.

I can't believe that a profit could be realized by sending racks to China to be rebuild than then shipping them back here... :blink: It seems more likely that the whole thing was made over there?

Personally, I stay away from Autozone - their parts are usually of substandard quality (unless they are a known brand) and they are not always the least expensive source.

The battery in my Dad's '94 Fleetwood went bad the other day. It was a Duralast battery from Autozone and was still under warranty. When he took the battery back, the manager did not have any record of the battery sale in the computer. My Dad did not have his receipt and they would not honor the warranty. When my Dad asked them to use the date code on the battery, the manager told him that he could not do that - it was against policy. The manager then asked if he wanted to buy another battery! :blink::lol: My Dad told him, "Hell no - you won't honor the warranty" and left...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It's a bit off topic, but have you noticed the brands LG and Haier in the applicance departments at Home Depot, Lowe's, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc? LG=Lucky Goldstar which is Korean/Taiwanese and Haier is a product of the People's Republic of China. Just look around and you'll see...

Keep buying that cheap stuff at Wal-Mart.

Leys not forget that China puts 10% into their military.

Do not want to get political but only a matter of time.

I check everything carefully and try to keep away from China stuff!

Watch Autozone carefully lots of their stuff from China. Their brand of(Duralast) China rotors are not high quality steel.

My two cents

Charlie

Keep buying that cheap stuff at Wal-Mart.

Leys not forget that China puts 10% into their military.

Do not want to get political but only a matter of time.

I check everything carefully and try to keep away from China stuff!

Watch Autozone carefully lots of their stuff from China. Their brand of(Duralast) China rotors are not high quality steel.

My two cents

Charlie

Ditto! Thats a good practice, we are cutting our throats otherwise

Archived