CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How To Get Under The Seat??

Ok, I already know that my battery is located under the rear passenger seat, but how to get there?? My battery died on me yesterday when I was playing radio for over two hours during cleaning my engine :( It was 5 years old, so it was a time for replacement anyway...

(caddy deville 2000)

Give it a good hard vertical tug about half way between the hump and the door on each side. There is one electrical connector on the RH side.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Push the seat cushion rearward and then lift up. It may take considerable force to push the chshion rearward but you must do that before lifting up.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Tip....buckle all the seat belts first...easier to reinstall the seat.

The rear seat will pop out fairly easily. Its been 'womanized' to some extent. Its easier to pull out then a traditional GM back seat.

Ya and I don't know 'bout devilles but on sevilles the seat belt "buckles" fit into slots in the seat back... store them there before you yank out the seat bottom... Thats what they are for. You'll understand why when you re-install the seat bottom.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

STOOOOOOP. YOU HAVE A NEW STYLE SEAT . DO NOT PUSH IT IN AND LIFT UP, THIS IS WHAT WE HAD TO DO ON THE OLD STYLE SEATS. JUST PULL STRAIGHT UP REAL HARD AFTER TAKING AHOLD OF THE FROUNT LOWER EDGE OF THE SEAT. IF YOU PUSH IN LIKE WE USE TO DO , IT WILL NOT COME UP, I DO NOT KNOW IF IT BINDS IT UP OR LOCKS IT SOME WAY , BUT THE PROPER PEOCEDURE IS JERK IT STRAIGHT UP, THIS IS COVERED IN YOUR OWNERS MANUAL. I LEARNED THIS THE HARD WAY ,ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK USING THE OLD TECHNIQUE, THE CAD ROAD SIDE SERVICE CAME OUT AND IN TWO SECONDS HE SHOWED ME THE NEW TECHNIQUE, DO NOT PUSH IN,.

He is correct. Access to the battery has to be 'easy.' Jump starts etc. I used the term womanized....hmmm....not a great term but..

A firm lift on the front of the seat....it should pop right out.

He is correct. Access to the battery has to be 'easy.' Jump starts etc. I used the term womanized....hmmm....not a great term but..

A firm lift on the front of the seat....it should pop right out.

I stand corrected - I didn't know there was a change in the 98+ cars. I removed the rear seat cushion on my '96 Seville and it was a royal SOB to push back far enough to clear the tabs...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 weeks later...

BTW: If you need to jump start your car (battery under rear seat), there are some 'lugs' (or posts) under the hood designed for jump starting....

This is easier (and less embarasing) than having to pull your back seat out in public to get a jump start...

Archived