CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A northstar swap we normally don't see.

That is a caddy with a northstar put in the right way, maybe they had northstars way back then and just decided to release them recently, and those old lincolns wondered why the caddys dusted them way back when, even weighing as much as they did

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

2 nice cadillacs

The link to the eldo warren posted is interesting 1/4 mi. times are not that good but the top speed is impressive I have my eye on a 63 coupe I spotted the other day later today I'm going to stop by and check it out I may get it for a winter project I have been looking for a convertable to redo

Jim

That has got to be one of the best engine swaps I have ever seen!

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Appears to be a beautifully done 54 Caddy custom. Very impressive -

Well I took a ride to check out the 63 coupe and it was gone..I did spot a 69 deville conv. it looks in great shape it's a possible choice it is a little too new for me

I keep plugg'n away until I find the one I want.

jim

Appears to be a beautifully done 54 Caddy custom. Very impressive -

Nope - Without a doubt, it is based on a 1949 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. The short-stroke, high (relatively) compression, OHV 331 Cadillac V8 made its debut that model year. It was more fuel efficient, more durable, lighter, smaller and more powerful than its L-head predecessor.

Changing the water-pump would be a nightmare! :)

I think this particular example would look 100% better if the tall "V", crest, and hood ornament had been retained; this simplified look resembles a Chevrolet at the front.

I SAW A `58 CADILLAC ON E-BAY THAT SOMEONE STUFFED A NORTHSTAR INTO IT, NICE BUTT WHY MESS UP A CADILLAC. WE NEED TO STUFF NORTHSTARS INTO FORDS, THAT WILL PISS THEM OFF.

Vintage car...Modern power...it really can not get any better than that IMO.

And as a plus, It's DAMNED pretty! :D

Regards,

Warren

P.S. But in a Chevy kinda way. :rolleyes:

P.P.S. Still can't find the master cylinder . . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I love when they put new motors into classic cars because it gives you that modern horsepower with the feeling of reliability. Although the Northstar is an awesome motor, I think that a 350 (either carbuerated or fuel injected) or even a 454 Chevy motor could do alot more to move these big boats, especially the giant Cadillacs.

Hey, I have seen that exact car before!

Infact I shortly talked to the owner too.

Here in Windsor a few years back there was a big "Grand National Hot Rod" meet. or something to the tune of that. As all the cars were leaving the grounds, that red beauty was rolling by, and I noticed the Northstar lable on the side. I said something to the owner "was that a difficult thing to do?" and he confirmed "yes" it was, but I don't remember his exact words.

What I do remember was how incredibly quiet it was. I was listening for that Northstar drone, but couldn't even pick up on it.

That is funny, I didn't realize the car was such a rarity!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

About 5 years ago at the Supernationals, I saw a 56 Ford Panel truck with the whole front clip installed, plus dash and interior. A great old truck with FWD Northstar power.

Agree with earlier comment from 96 DeVille about the 350s. That's why Caddy #2 is just that, a 95 Fleetwood turned the right way!

Archived