• 125-150K
    • 150-175K
    • 175-200K
    • 200-225K
    • >225K

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 93 Seville as 100K and change on it but by weeks end it will have a used 4.9L installed with 60K on it. Now I will have to keep track of body and frame milage and engine milage.

In this topic I found a post by Guarcz03 about his 3rd brake light starting to go bad. In case you do not know, instead of paying dealer cost of around 488.00 bucks you can go to www.ledfix.com and get a rebuilt for $150.00. Just be very careful taking out your old one so that you do not break it, you will need to send it in as the core swap.

• 1 month later...

Newest Addition to the family is this '01 ETC with 57K. He replaced a '99 Deville with 100K even on it (actually traded it in with 99,968 miles...lol). His sister is an '02 Deville with 102K on her.

Eldo-FrontLeft.jpg

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

• 1 month later...

92k miles on my 1994 STS - now in the shop getting engine rebuild.

Sad to see the money go down but excited to get the car back! I obviously love it enough to do a heart transplant and move on.

I hate riding in my wife's Saturn... feels like a go-kart compared to the STS!

• 3 months later...

1998 STS 226 000 kms, and still tough as nails!

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

My 1994 Eldorado has 71,200k on it. Bought it last May with 59,990 on her, since then i've replaced :

-Water Pump

-Rear Shocks

-Stabilizer Links

-Exhaust

-Burnt Coil

-Plugs/Wires

Still needs :

-motor mount

-front struts + strut mounts

-bad oil leak.. hope thread sealer on the bolts fixes it.

I've done quite a bit more but all the other stuff was preventive maintenance and upgrades. Overall, I love this car to death. B)

• 1 month later...
I've got 258,000 miles on my '93 Deville. Still going strong! I have a few problems:

Neutral Safety Backup Switch wore out - fixed it. tongue.gif

Engine stumbles when it's warm outside. dry.gif

Engine dies when I make a sharp turn or stop fast when less than 6 gals in the tank mad.gif

Left turn halogen lamp won't turn on (trouble is in the steering column). unsure.gif

VCC won't lock, so my gas mileage is 20-22 city or highway. mad.gif

My 93 Deville now has 298,000.

I fixed the engine stumbling problem.

I fixed the engine dying problem.

Car still looks new inside and out (exc for driver's seat which shows 300,000 miles of wear).

Problem is that the tranny crapped out. Engine is still going and going and going.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

1995 SLS with 73,500 mi., all options for that year except moonroof.

Replaced stabilizer links, A & B shift solenoids, spark plugs and wires, drivers side door lock actuator, front and rear brakepads (once), fuel pressure regulator, waterpump and one set of Michelin XGT H4 tires, drain and refill coolant once a year and add 2 tubes of bars leak. All this in 11 years, I did all work except for the tire swap. I find these cars fairly easy to maintain, and the thing about them is the power of the northstar, nothing like it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got 258,000 miles on my '93 Deville. Still going strong! I have a few problems:

Neutral Safety Backup Switch wore out - fixed it. :P

Engine stumbles when it's warm outside. <_<

Engine dies when I make a sharp turn or stop fast when less than 6 gals in the tank :angry:

Left turn halogen lamp won't turn on (trouble is in the steering column). :unsure:

VCC won't lock, so my gas mileage is 20-22 city or highway. :angry:

My 93 Deville now has 298,000.

I fixed the engine stumbling problem.

I fixed the engine dying problem.

Car still looks new inside and out (exc for driver's seat which shows 300,000 miles of wear).

Problem is that the tranny crapped out. Engine is still going and going and going.

Thu,

What happened to the tranny? How many miles had you done before it failed? Any signs/symptoms it was going bad? Thank you.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Thu,

What happened to the tranny? How many miles had you done before it failed? Any signs/symptoms it was going bad? Thank you.

One night, I noticed that it took a lot of RPMs to keep it at a constant speed. Drove it straight home after I noticed this (2 miles).

When I got home, the radiator started spewing this foul-smelling stuff - dark brown. It did this 'puking' on my garage floor for a while.

Checked engine oil - it was still the lovely honey-golden color.

Checked the Tranny fluid - same brown foul-smelling stuff.

Looks like the tranny cooler inside the side radiator tank broke allowing coolant and tranny fluid to mix. I think all I need to do is get a new radiator and then flush the tranny and cooling system.

Total mileage before it failed was 298,000. It just sits in front of my house right now. It's a lovely car, so I don't mind having just sitting there.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

IPB Image

Thu,

One night, I noticed that it took a lot of RPMs to keep it at a constant speed. Drove it straight home after I noticed this (2 miles).

When I got home, the radiator started spewing this foul-smelling stuff - dark brown. It did this 'puking' on my garage floor for a while.

Checked engine oil - it was still the lovely honey-golden color.

Checked the Tranny fluid - same brown foul-smelling stuff.

Looks like the tranny cooler inside the side radiator tank broke allowing coolant and tranny fluid to mix. I think all I need to do is get a new radiator and then flush the tranny and cooling system.

Total mileage before it failed was 298,000. It just sits in front of my house right now. It's a lovely car, so I don't mind having just sitting there.

298,000 ...unbelivable! The tranny still may be okay. The Guru once said you could bypass the cooler in the radiator if you do not load the tranny really hard. But of course, THAT car deserves radiator replacement. Easy and not expensive fix, just make sure the replacement comes with coolers for motor and transmission oils. I would replace tranny cooling lines/hoses as well. Four part numbers for some $65.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Yes, I could get it back on the road without too much hassle. I'd do it in a hearbeat if I had another garage stall to keep it in, but I don't. I don't want to be a hillbilly and have calls all over my property. I like my neighbors so I don't want to clutter up the neighborhood.

So, I'm gonna hang onto it until the tags expire and then donate it to the automotive program at the local college with the restriction that they can't pimp it. LOL.

IPB Image

• 2 months later...

by the end of this month I will hit 90,000+ (going a trip), at 89,640ish now.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just turned 89,000 on a 97 ETC... running very nice.

Had 70 when I bought it.... Just took a 3000 mile round trip to Florida.

I hope it goes 298,000 like the other one in this thread!

Archived