• 50-75K
    • 75-100K
    • 100-125K
    • 125-150K
    • 150-175K
    • 175-200K
    • 200-225K
    • >225K

94 STS - 127000 + as of this morning. Replaced the tranny, all of the AC stuff, third light is junk, and the passenger door lock doesn't work electrically. Paint is pretty rough, cleans up nice though, and drives like a dream. I commute 140 miles a day during the week.

Best mileage is on long trips, 30 is an average one, but for mixed driving I'm between 25 - 26 with an occasional foray in to 27 mpg.

I'm figuring to put another 50 - 70000 on it and then I would like to get a 2003 CTS with a 5-speed.

Be well

Steve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 149k miles with a few minor problems but nothing to bad. I hope to get another couple hundred thousand out of it before i am done with it. I am currently getting 17.2 city miles and 23.8 highway miles, but i all depends on what kind of day i am having.

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

94' STS 69K.

I bought it in 1998 with 47K in pretty good condition. As you can see I did just a little over 20K for all these years. I use subway to get to work, so not much driving.

It running pretty good, no problems.

For all that time I just changed the battery in 2003, air filter, right turn bulb twice, front brake pads.

What was fixed: PCM (just recently, that was annoing message "Engine overheated", found it on-line just for $50).

Existing minor problems: RF wheel position sensor code and code P036 (dirty EGR should be cleaned).

I think it's pretty good for 10 years old car.

Unfortunately I drive at most in a city and this is the worst scenario, but I hope when I'll drive to my sister for thanksgiving I'll do the WOT. Just need to take off and clean that darn EGR.

1992 Seville, just got going again after almost a year and a half because the dealer (stealer) told me that it needed headgaskets ($4000.00) was about to put a new engine in it when I found this forum and thanks to you guys and Oldgamer, found out that it was PCM, cost, ($50.00) will put her on the road again this weekend when I get my Ins, and plates (106,100)

2004 CTS - 3,500 miles and still no problems...  :P

OUTSTANDING!!

Lemme know when its broken in. :D

Me, 112K and also still no problems. Knock Zebrano.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

99 STS, i think i just turned 81k or so. Only major problems were half case seal (warranty), and 4 new shocks/struts (warranty).. Bunch of minor things like wiring connectors, broken plastic things, a rust bubble, brakes, tires.. basic stuff I guess. Happens to all cars, except the half case seal because most cars don't have that :>

01 STS @ 63k. Origional owner

Premium Luxury Package

Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist

Wood Trim Package

CD changer, 6-Disc (Center Console)

17" Chrome Wheels

Headlamps, High-Intensity Dischage

Tire Pressure Monitoring

Sunroof, Express-Open

Crimson Peral

4.6 Northstar @ 300 HP, 295 lb-ft

Problems corrected under warrenty: Defective remote CD changer--replaced unit. No ash tray. (Now that is a defective car.) Hood rattled at highway speed. Defective lower control arms. Trunk leak--multiple leaks (Claimed to be weatherstrip, then sun roof drain, but I knew it was neither. Both leaks located by owner. Tail pan seam near tail light housing stud was repaired under warrenty. The other leak never was fixed under warranty, even after showing tec the exact leak by squirting water in his face through the leak. As a former certified Cadillac/Lexus tec, I fixed it myself. Origin of leak: Body seam at corner of left lower wheel well housing and trunk pan.)

General complaints:

Driver seat shows wear. Child safety feature, limiting full roll down of rear windows. AC is defalut setting; AC OFF is a manual setting. No defrost without AC defalut. Inadequate fresh air system. Oil consumption @ 1 qt/ea 1k miles, but that is vots. OnStar antenna looks like an aftermarket product.

Dash gear selector is a luminated bar, rather than earlier version that had P R N D 3 2 1 as individgual luminations. Cruise control takes 2 hands to engage, relpacing earlier version of 1 hand operation. Bass, treble, midrange, fader, ect., require too much driver distraction to adjust; also, too many steps for each setting. Poor raido/clock lumination in direct sun. Poor design in main console--space leftover from CD changer doesn't allow room for anything, other than a five-dollar rock. (A little better engineering would have allowed room to hold ample selections of CD's, perhaps even an additional CD changer cardridge, or a small gun.) Non-functioning trunk tie-downs are cosmetic only.

Soapy water accluminates between decklid and bumper. Rinse water drips down the outside of car, below mirrors and between grill and bumper. Window felts streak glass for many hours after washing vehicle. Tire weights, upon thier removal, leave hair-line scratches on wheels. Paint on brake calipers foggy white. Unless a paper towel is held in place, backglass cannot be cleaned with a squeegy, without dirty water running down the sides of the car. Difficult to clean inside of wheels; also, painted portion of wheel tends to absorb dirt, making it difficult to clean.

The biggest complaints: For whatever reason, everyone has to touch the paint; when the car is parked in an area with a high volume of pedrestiran traffic, the car usually has fingerprints on it. When young males between the ages of 15 to 20 ask me what kind of car it is and I tell them, they say, "I cannot belive that car's a Cadillac."

95 ETC purchased with 76K miles when i turned 17. just hit 97K this morning, will post when i hit the big 100! rebuilt trans at 90K and replaced EGR at about 83K, other than that, shes a baby! :D

This is my first reply/comment. Great site!!!!!!!

2000 ESC w/ 38k miles

Purchased 4-2003 w/ 26k miles.

Only problems were a defective radio and a bad crank possision sensor both replaced under warranty.

Replaced factory Michelins w/ same size (225-60/16) Michelin Hydroedges. Love them. Ride great and are VERY quit compared to stockers.

Our 1994 Deville 4.9 has over 160k. Our "new" 97 STS has 78k. Both are fun, enjoyable cars to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

My Canadian 1990 Sedan deVille has about 106,000 miles.

I have replaced the starter, the alternator, an ISCM, a MAP sensor, a front strut mount, one rear brake line, both front flex lines, front rotors, pads, rear shoes and tune-up stuff.

The A/C doesn't work but I don't like A/C so that's OK.

Motor is original, tranny is original, body is original (except a fender and a grille replaced by the last owner because he hit a deer)...

I love this car and hope to have it for 10 more years at least.

Today I finished a tank of fuel (premium of course) and averaged a little under 30 mpg!!! I couldn't believe it so I pushed the E/M button to get the US version... I read a little over 8l per 100 km... 29.5 mpg average!

My car dies after quick turns too with less than 10 litres in the tank... sender is going I guess....

Gas guzzler my *ss... lol

Mike P

MY `93 ALLANTE HAS 18,437 MILES ON IT. HAD 4067 WHEN I BOUGHT 3 YEARS AGO. SWEET CAR, STILL LOOKS AND SMELLS BRAND NEW. MY `98 ETC HAS 73,000 AND SOME CHANGE ON IT. BOUGHT IT LAST FEBRUARY WHEN I SOLD MY 1955 62 SERIES SEDAN IN ORDER TO HAVE A CADILLAC FOR A DAILY DRIVER. THE ALLANTE WAS SO BRAND NEW I WAS ABLE TO BUY A NEW CAR WARRENTY FOR IT. MY OTHER CADILLAC IS A 1963 TWO DOOR HARD TOP WITH 115,000 MILES ON IT. DID A FRAME UP RESTORATION ON THAT CAR IN `98 FOR THE CADILLAC GRAND NATIONAL IN SANTA CLARA IN 1999. TOOK FIRST PLACE. NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY CADILLAC.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just realized something! This topic was started a year ago! Thats a long time LOL! Is that the record for a topic staying on here for? :lol::lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Purchased the first '93 STS N* for my wife 5 years ago with 89K. Replaced trans shift solenoids at 95K. Replaced the starter at 160K. Replaced fuel pump at 170K. All other service has been routine maintenance. It now has 176K and going strong. She loves it !!

Just purchased another '93 STS N* last summer with 83K. Now has 86K and just replaced the fuel pump module. Otherwise it has been problem free.

My son "MIke D" has a '93 STS N* that I purchased 4 years ago with 117K. He purchased it from me and has driven it hard !! It now has 206K. Replaced the crank balancer and idler pulley bearing at 180K. The belt tensioner pulley just let go. All other service has been routine maintenance.

Gotta love those '93 N* engines !!!!

My '94 Eldorado is closing on 139,000 miles and running like a watch. Not a thing wrong with this car except a few minor wiggles in the sheet metal. If you take care of these cars, they are a joy to drive. I have every intention of running it to 200,000 maybe more.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Thought that I would add a follow up to my last post on this thread. This evening the car will roll over 325,000 miles on my way home from work. Just have the front left hub assembly replaced as well as the recalled fuel rail. Also had the airbag thingie sealed us as it was also recalled. SRC message appeared at around 318,000miles and now is laking in it's ride. Plus the struts are just a rattling...anyway, looking into replacing with the electronic ones from GM. But other then that...still has the TCC error and occasionally the Security light will go on and off(have no clue about that one since it doesn't seem to have the factory theft deterent system).

All in all, she still runs good. Can put the peddle down and run with the bigger dogs and walks right up to it's 115MPH cut off.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Archived