CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 Seville SLS PO25 code

Gene

Hello

My friends car has problems! 1994 SLS 4.6 Northstar. The LED reads constantly SERVICE ENGINE SOON !

The codes are PO23 history PO25 current PO83 history and the PO25 will not clear.The first time i started the car it idled normal. I was told the idle was up and down. So started the car a second time and the idle was 500- 1500 i think...but it was hunting and i could hear the ISC working alot. I then put it into gear and it calmed down to normal/smooth idle. I was also told that the car was lazy sometimes. Reading of the shop manual tells me either the ICM...PCM or crank sensor. I will have sometime Friday to get some diagnostic time. I am thinking the ICM. What do you guys think? Also at 120K the SLS had a bad plug wires and was missing/breaking up. the car now has 155K. Does the ICM come separately or are all the coils included? Cost?

Thanks

Gene

Well heres the update....After a morning of checking out the electronics and using my 93 as a parts car the culprit was the PCM. I called my dealer and my price for a PCM was 185 and AutoZone was 212 this was more than she wanted to spend just now. So i called the Bone yards and what a price spread...50-125 for the PCM. I went with the one for 50 dollars and it was not on the shelf as he stated and couldn`t find one. He was very busy and that one would have to be pulled from a car. So i offered to pull it if i could have a 7mm nut driver. After i pulled the PCM he knocked another 10 off and i got the PCM for 40 dollars with a 30 day warranty. The car runs great now! BUT on the way to return the car i gave it some WOT and it will go to 4800 RPM and stumble then softly shift and then blast off again in second gear but went past 4800 rpm with no problem but i only could go to 70 mph because i was in town and there was traffic. I did this only twice as i close to dropping of the car and didn`t have time to play... SORRY i meant to say diagnose the problem. Both times the car stumbled at 4800 RPM then shited and took off in second. I will have to work on it some more. Any ideas?

Also took a little time to figure how to override the CHANGE TRANSAXLE FLUID message in the DIC.

GENE

Archived