• Silver
    • Champagne
    • Bright Red
    • Dark Red
    • Dark Green
    • Dark Blue
    • I'm Special

The "Big Red Dog" rules...but let's hear from the "also rans" anyway ... :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's Polo Green with two tone beige interior - I call it the default color scheme for early to mid '90's Cadillacs. I didn't really care for it all that much until I added a double (wide and narrow) blood red stick-on pinstripe the entire length of the car along the crease just below the windows/top of fenders. The Polo Green by itself looks kind of drab IMHO but the red pops the green and makes it look pretty neat. I painted the brake calipers a matching red so the stripes don't look entirely out of place on the car. I really like the effect.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

hi guys, my 99 eldo is rare navy blue with 41000miles,its mint i will have to post some pictures. never seen rain or snow. i cant wait to drive it, its been a tough winter in mass. my wife thinks i love the car more than i love her. its a man thing, iam fascinated with these cars. i do love my wife just for the record. i have only seen about 2 eldos with this color, so to me it seems pretty rare in my area/ thanks enyoy your caddies

I'm special: Dark Plum.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I guess "silver" is the closest, but "Shale" is the proper color name. It's silver in some lights, tan/gold in others, and just plain good all the time. :)

post-3-1111773910_thumb.jpg

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Frost Beige, here are the 1996 colors

Huh, I always thought it was "Vulcan Sand"..

That's what its called on Vulcan :P

Uh, That would be the 'logical' thing to do...

OK! I'll stop. sorry... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

This is what the Eldorado looks like on Vulcan! Looks >> :angry:

I got it out of my 96 Dealer Catalog, awesome...I want a black on black ETC or STS!

MR Scott...You sure you don't have that confused with the dreaded Klingon "Bird of Prey"?

I was always partial to those... :ph34r:

user posted image

Exactly Bob! I have to make sure I get one with the Cloaking Device option, it will help out greatly with speed traps :lol:

Speaking of which...I had the funniest experience with the radar warning/jammer I picked up at SEMA in November. Earlier this week I was driving through a town down the hill went suddenly the unit started lighting up and squawking "KA band", KA band!!". I'm looking all around, front and rear, see nothing. Hmm..a moment later I come up on a motorcycle cop hidden between the eucalyptus trees smacking his radar gun, pointing it at me, pushing buttons again, pointing at me again...by this time I was close enough, and going slow to see a quite puzzled look on his face.

Too funny.

I reached over and yanked the plug out of the lighter to not aggravate the guy any more.

I realize this is a somewhat subjective test (the real one with my sheriff buddy is still going to happen..) but it was fun to watch.

Stealth works... ;)

user posted image

Cool, who makes that technology, I didn't now that existed, maybe I can trade a little Romulan ale for one..

It’s a “Rocky Mountain Radar” model # RMR C-450. I think it’s their latest model, both a radar/laser detector and passive jammer.

Now, some people will tell you they’re junk, won’t live up to they’re claims, the only good one (detector, not jamming) is a “Valentine One”..etc, etc.

All I know is while at SEMA, the head guy of RMR gave me a deal on one I couldn’t walk away from, and since equipping myself, my wife, and a few buddies I have NOTHING but good reports. In my own personal experience, I’ve had the thing light up and talk, when there’s nothing to be seen, only to have a patrol car blow by me from behind, and nail some other poor soul up ahead

Had them ferreted out from bushes, side streets and other hidden spots up ahead as well.

The definitive test will be when my bud who’s a sheriff deputy gets one of the three radar cars, and we do some runs with me as the rabbit…

I will post back when we manage to pull this off…just half to be patient. So far, the darn things working, as far as I,and a few others are concerned.

And no, I’m not getting any kick backs from RMR. If the thing was junk, I’d have no problem posting that either..

user posted image

If your'e really interested, check e-bay. You'll probably find all sorts of lesser models that are dirt cheap, and I think with those your'e probably getting what you pay for.. ;)

Anything less than two hundred bucks would be fair for this model.

(I got a dozen of them for 100 bucks each, but they're gone and so's the deal.)

user posted image

I have been lucky lately on the roads, just slowing down to acceptible and out of the blue a radar gun is pointing at me. When this scrambles the radar, do the troopers know that you have caused it? Thanks for the info... You know I have to get that cloaking device..

I have been lucky lately on the roads, just slowing down to acceptible and out of the blue a radar gun is pointing at me.  When this scrambles the radar, do the troopers know that you have caused it?  Thanks for the info...  You know I have to get that cloaking device..

What it does is send back a signal causing his gun to default to a normal reset mode, causing it to zero out. (Tested it myself, statically) The officer then has to manually reset the unit. The is all part of a fairly normal proccees, so it doesn't generate too much suspicion..the first time. If you are the only guy on the road, and the cop is having to reset his gun over and over while pointing it a you ..well.. there may be trouble.

I've been advised by my cop friend (who aslo has one for himself and his wife..) to pull the plug under such circumstances. Word to the wise.. ;)

I'm not big speeder, nor is my wife, but we both travel a lot, and in the current near bankrupt state of Cal-EE forn-ya, ;) the CHP's are on an all out mission to generate revenue to save jobs. It doesn't take much these days to get a ticket, and the amount of CHP radar units on the road have quadrupeled.. :ph34r:

user posted image

Archived