CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CONTEST: Post your caption to the photo

So do you have to cut a hole in the centre? What would you cut the hole with? A drill! Do you use any numbers? :)

Yes I am sure that the disk is probably chrome covered plastic, I can use my drill press. I would probably not use any numbers as it would ruin the disks look... I could use hash marks however..

I will post a picture of it

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, or in the modern fashion, none at all. It never hurts to keep 'em guessing.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I have to agree with "Bob D" that Cadillac owners really are a clever bunch. Never had I anticipated such non-stop laughter as I got from this thread. Everytime I turned to it I'd be laughing out loud.

Top 3 winners will all get the prize:

Icemanbwab with "When good cars go baaaaad"

STSJoe with "Hello, Onstar?"

and Scotty with "Are you getting any Codes?"

That really was great. I need you three to e-mail me at docardio@lycos.com with a shipping address. It's going via USPS so a P.O. Box is fine (it will fit). Mention in your e-mail if you're going to be making a clock out of it, and I'll include a pair of matching clockhands. I made clocks out of Cadillac center caps a year or two ago for vendors and found that alot of the clock hands on the market are archaic or classical in styling which doesn't fit Cadillac's image nor the styling of the center caps. I looked pretty hard to find some matching monolithic-style clockhands. So if you think you'll be making a clock out of the center cap then drop a note and I'll include a pair of clock hands.

Finally, a tip on making clocks - do not 'torque' the clock mechanism too hard to the center cap when attaching. I made this mistake and most of the clocks I made failed within a few months.

Thanks to everyone that participated. I really enjoyed the humor and energy off this post. If/when I see another humorous opportunity and have my camera handy - we'll do this again. One of my dealer suppliers had a late-model Deville-limo in for service that was a ringer for the 2000 Presidential limousine. Maybe I could get somebody to dress-up as Osama Bin Laden and take a picture of him tied up in the trunk.

cheers,

~Doc

• 1 month later...

Scotty: Nice clock. What time is it ? It's Caddy time.

Here's my caption to the pic(I know the contest is over)

Not going anywhere for a while? Grab a snickers

or

The new Revell-Monogram Eldorado Snaptite Kit

or

This is your Eldo on drugs.

or

The Simple Life Season III

or

or

or

:lol::lol::D:lol::lol::lol:

or

or

or

I like the Grab a Snickers! Good One!

Revell is good to :lol:

Archived