CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need help locating Evap Surge Solenoid Valve

This is my first Cadillac it’s a deville 1997 and I been having problems with it but as of right now I went to autozone and they hook up computer and it said problem codes are p1441 p1599 and something about airbags but that’s iight so p1599 is crankshaft sensor and I got that down and replaced it also my fuel filter but my problem is everywhere on internet I look or videos I can’t find any with my car showing where the problem code p1441 Evap Purge Solenoid Valve and Evap Canister Control Valve are located!?!? Could somebody help me out? I been looking on internet and the car and can’t seem to locate it. I’d appreciate any help

:welcomesmiley:

P-1441 could be something as simple as a loose gas cap. Overfilling the tank etc..

P-1599 is near stall detected - could be a lot of things. Did you replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor and that problem went away? If so, that's great.

The canister purge solenoid is on the rear valve cover close to the firewall..

CanPurge.png

The canister is located under the vehicle near the fuel tank.. drivers side in front of rear tire...

Evap Can.png

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Well the car was sitting for long time and barely start working on it and driving around we already change the fuel filter and couple same things but still need to put crank shaft sensor but pretty sure that will go away. We went to autozone to get computer read and it say for the code p1441 : Evap purge solenoid valve, Evap canister control valve. So not sure we’re these things are located I barely seen your reply so am going to check tomorrow when the light is up and see how that goes

Archived