CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear insulator bushings

Hi all.

Just curious if anyone else has changed these. 

Part numbers are

3538757 upper insulator (available through GM (for now)

25678603 lower insulator (discontinued by GM)

they are present on the 

92-02 eldo

94-99 Deville

92-97 Seville

I have changed 3 sets of them on all of mine and have 1 more set to do on my 97 Seville.

These are sandwiched between the body and suspension in the rear, and there is one bolt that holds it together with the smaller part at the bottom.

Note the picture at the bottom left. The plate rots out and that part of the bushing falls out. 

They are not too awful to change, the harder side being the driver side because the fuel filler tube is in the way. 

the back end has to be picked up to let the suspension hang. Once both bolts are removed the suspension will pivot at the front. I coat the body and the suspension while I am right there.

I am changing my 1997 Seville ones because I am putting a new compressor in and although not rotted I may as well change them.

isolator 2.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 1 year later...

• 5 weeks later...

I happen to have a set for My Seville. I will be honest I have to locate them. I am in the middle of a reno of my garage. As soon as I can put my finger on them I will be glad to post some pics for you.

And I do apologize I have searched tons and come up empty. Seems multiple places get it from the same source

GM FAN FOREVER

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2019 at 8:16 PM, Göran W said:

Thnx! I´ve been looking too but only found them in Russia….. It´s no reason to hurry. It´s for a car I may buy that didn´t pass inspection.

Good evening. 

I located those insulator bushings that I have yet to install. would you still like some specs and measurements on them?

GM FAN FOREVER

3 hours ago, rockfangd said:

Good evening. 

I located those insulator bushings that I have yet to install. would you still like some specs and measurements on them?

Good morning!

Thanks for the effort! No use for the moment. Someone beat me to it....😥

Ok.

Before I install them I will try and post some detailed pictures and specs for them.

That wont be til next year though

GM FAN FOREVER

• 1 year later...

Hello. 

Let me se what I have for them. 

I used my last set in spring of this year IIRC. I think they were unseen, therefore not changed until too late, which is another reason why nobody else made them. 

GM FAN FOREVER

• 3 weeks later...

OK thanks. I will take out the old ones and measure them up and machine replacements.

However I'm struggling to get the old ones out. When i jack up the body and let the suspension sag, remove the bolts holding the insulators on, I can't get any more separation between the body and the cross member to be able to slide out the upper insulator.

Even pushing on the body just lifts the whole car up off the stands.

Is there other bolts holding the cross member on somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Ok. Both sides must be unbolted. 

the hard side is the driver side because of the fuel filler tube. It is kind of difficult to explain how I get them out/in. 

IIRC the passenger side has to come straight back, The driver side has to go sideways before back. Sometimes the harness to the ABS on each side has to be removed or repositioned to get more clearance.

Rear tires have to hang, I then carefully pry between the body and the cradle closer to the side I am doing.

On all the sets I have done I have never done more than that.

I honestly did not take specs because at the time you did not need them and were the only one who expressed interest in them. I did install them. Have been keeping an eye out for another set but they are impossible to find.

If you could please tell me the rust aspect of what you have. Possibly post a pic once removed. I would be happy to suggest where to go from there. I have made crazier things work in the past

GM FAN FOREVER