CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

accessory add on 1997 Cadillac

rockfangd

Hi all.

Does anyone happen to know what the best way would be to add a accessory outlet in my 97 Cadillac, Deville and Seville?

I want to use if for my satellite radio and or my GPS. 

I would love to use the cigar lighter wires but they are constant. 

I dont want to hack into anything main from the ignition, but rather a fused source.

Thanks to anyone that has any insight

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The Seville is easy, get a 2002 front passenger left carpeted kick panel. It has an accessory plug built into the panel. There are always open fused circuits in the fuse blocks you can add to. For example # 43 maxi fuse in the under hood fuse block is unused on my Seville. I didn't check to see if it was fused ignition or not but you get the idea.

The Deville, use the cigar lighter circuit and cut the wires a few inches from the connector and reroute to a fused ignition circuit in a fuse block.

In summary, you are adding a circuit not really tapping into one.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

I understand the fuse block under the hood as I have done it to other vehicles, but typically one with a underdash fuse panel.

See I want my Seville to be as stock as possible.

Wouldn't I have to drill a hole in the firewall to be able to do it?

As for the kick panel aux outlet I dont think it would work for my Seville as 97 was the last year for my body style.

I wish I could reconfigure the circuit to the cigar lighters to be ignition rather than constant. Then it would be really easy.

A circuit that is barely used and that has nothing else tied in with it. 

GM FAN FOREVER

I haven't looked that close at the aux outlet assmbly but I was thinking it was something that could be removed and installed in the 97 console side panel. If I can get it on the list of things to do  tomorrow I will check it out.

Did the 97 have a fuse panel at the end of the dash carrier on the drivers side?

You have an interior fuse block at the rear seat, run the wiring to the back seat with some wire conduit under the carpet and to the fuse panel.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

I have neither of those.

1 is in the trunk and 1 is under the hood

GM FAN FOREVER

3 hours ago, rockfangd said:

1 is in the trunk and 1 is under the hood

That is correct, the one in the trunk is accessible by taking the rear seat back out which gives you access to the wiring 

Well I finished it.

I ended up using the same circuit as the moonroof under the dash.

I ran a 10 amp fuse off of it and soldered the wire in. It will only be running my satellite  or gps and the Isimple module both of which should take no more that 7.5 amps combined.

The outlet is attached using the screw that holds the hush panel and if ever removed it will not be noticed.

GM FAN FOREVER

Cool, I was thinking you didn't want to splice into another circuit. :unsure:

Glad you have it finished :)

I didn't but I figured since there was already something tapped into it that it wouldn't make any difference.

I dont currently have the time to pull the back seat and the carpet to run a dedicated from the rear fuse panel.

But when I do I will run one and put the splice back to normal where I tapped for now.

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived