CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I have a 2005 STS with RWD and the 4.6 Northstar, I think the handling would improve with this brace, but does anyone know if this was standard equipment on this car or mine is just missing, I really can't tell if one was there or not, does anyone know?, John

John,

No link or pic :(

Are you referring to a rear sway bar?

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Here's what they show in the service manual, it makes sense but I always do not see them and they are made from the factory from different years as bars to almost a box frame piece that is made of aluminum and attaches not directly to the struts but the surrounding circle supports.

Cross Frame Member.pdf

Okay, now I'm with you.

That piece is a cross brace, it adds stability to the front suspension & unibody to resist twist. It is not really a sway bar.

As far as I know it is not on every vehicle,  it's on the vehicles with the "sport" suspension option . In the "old" days they were on everything.

If you can find one that fits, it won't hurt to install it. I'm not sure you would "feel" any difference in handling though.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

That makes sense because my car came with the standard suspension package but has the 4.6L Northstar Engine that still has plenty of get up and go, the engine is mounted front to back which does generate a little twist if you have a heavy foot, but I baby my cars and never abuse them but think you are right, the handling would improve and make it stick to the road better, Thanks for the imput!, John Sprague, Oshkosh, WI

Archived